Today we are speaking with Whitney Lauritsen aka Eco-Vegan Gal. She is all about taking your health and the health of the planet to the next level! Whitney has a an extremely popular YouTube channel that features videos on wellness and sustainability. She recently started a podcast that focuses on building an online brand and how to monetize it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Whitney’s journey into the world of wellness and sustainability
- How the vegan diet positively influenced Whitney’s health
- Junk food veganism vs. eating a whole food vegan diet
- Learning to read + understand ingredient lists on packaged foods
- Strategies to decrease your ecological footprint on the world
- Recycling isn’t the answer
- The many benefits of using a reusable glass or stainless water bottle
- Exercise doesn’t combat the negative effect of sitting all day
- Tactics for keeping your life balanced
- Whitney’s atypical sleeping routine
- It’s important to get clear on what you want to achieve each day
- Don’t just follow the crowd
- Sleeping really deep with magnesium
- Healthy food doesn’t have to be expensive
- How to make shopping at Whole Foods super inexpensive
- Start growing your own herbs
- Becoming an online entrepreneur
- Dealing with the ups and downs of business
- Being driven by passion
- The best strategy for achieving your goals
Whitney Lauritsen’s website
Follow Whitney Lauristen on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
EcoVeganGal.com (Whitney’s wellness site)
Eco Vegan Gal (YouTube)
Healthy Organic Vegan on a Budget (Whitney’s ebook)
Forks Over Knives (documentary)*
The Cove (documentary)
Beth Terry – Plastic Free (book)*
Pat Flynn – The Smart Passive Income Podcast
Tony Robbins (books)*
Tim Ferriss (books)*
Cobi Kim – Veggietorials
Chris Guillebeau – The $100 Startup (book)*
108: Lori Harder – Living An Authentic Life • Become A Master Of Your Schedule • Mentality Matters
150: Jairek Robbins – Live A Life Of Growth, Contribution, and Gratitude
151: Marie Forleo – Exercise Boosts Your Productivity & Creativity • Trust Your Intuition • Create Before You Consume
227: Andy Couturier – The Abundance Of Less • Enjoying The Process • Thinking For Yourself
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.