On today’s episode, we tackle the subject of sugar. Yes, the highly addictive, white powder that causes havoc in your body. We discuss the numerous detrimental effects sugar has on your health. On the bright side, we give a number of healthy kitchen swap outs and list the healthy sweeteners you can use in place of sugar.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Where does refined white sugar come from?
- Sugar leads to osteoporosis
- Sugar elevates dopamine in your brain, making it highly addictive
- Sugar decreases your immunity for up to five hours after consumption
- Too much sugar = adrenal burnout
- A number of processed sugars
- Sugary foods to look out for and healthy alternatives
- How to easily create your own ketchup at home
- The dangers of chemical sweeteners such as aspartame
- The problem with relying solely on the glycemic index numbers
- How to avoid candida issues and how to defeat it
- Healthy substitutes for refined sugar
- Fruit… the ultimate source of healthy sugar
- The 80/10/10 diet and why it’s lacking
- How to properly food combine when eating fruits
- How to naturally keep your blood sugar in check
- Ceylon and cassia cinnamon – what is the difference?
Marni Wasserman – Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (book)
Yoso Coconut Yogurt
CocoVie Naturals Coconut Spread
Rawfoodz (salad dressings)
Dr. Douglas N. Graham – 80/10/10 (book)
Fed Up (movie trailer)
196: Sarah Wilson – I Quit Sugar • Living As A Nomad • A New Way To Look At Balance
197: Focus Friday – How We Quit Sugar
118: Yuri Elkaim – The All-Day Energy Diet • Sugar, Gluten, & Caffeine Are Draining You • Exercising For Energy
099: Dr. Jeffrey Eisenberg – Suckered: The History Of Sugar, Our Toxic Addiction, Our Power To Change
112: JJ Virgin – Fat Doesn’t Make You Fat, Sugar Makes You Fat
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.