JJ Virgin is a New York Times bestselling author, a prominent fitness and nutrition expert, public speaker and media personality.
JJ is internationally recognized as an expert in overcoming weight loss resistance and has helped thousands lose weight fast by addressing food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances.
JJ is a board certified nutrition specialist through The American College of Nutrition, she’s board certified in holistic nutrition, and she’s a certified nutrition and fitness specialist.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar makes you fat
- It’s not about the calories in your food, it about what those calories tell your body to do
- Is the glycemic index useless?
- Glucose gives you fuel and fructose makes you fat
- Take it easy on the fruit
- What are the right sugars?
- All carbs (except for fibre) turn to sugar in your body
- You can think of milk as liquid sugar
- How addictive is sugar?
- Fat and sugar don’t mix
- Research shows weighing yourself daily leads to better weight maintenance
- How to know if you are a fat burner
- Stop eating every 2-3 hours
- Natural sweeteners with health benefits
- Honey and molasses are not health foods
- Agave is the worst natural sweetener, it will make you fat and hungry
- Artificial sweeteners mess with your gut microbiome
- Eating out, the healthy way
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet (book)
JJ Virgin’s website
Follow JJ Virgin on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook (book)
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet (book)
JJ Virgin – The Virgin Diet Cookbook (book)
Paleovalley’s 100% Grass Fed Beef Snack Sticks
294: Dr. Sara Gottfried – Brain Body Diet, Start To Surrender, Reset With Intermittent Fasting
292: Chalene Johnson – 131 Method • Family Comes First • Stop The Food Rules
223: Max Lugavere – Alzheimer’s And The Ketogenic Diet • Genius Foods • Stop Skimping On Sleep
178: Mark Sisson – Ketosis Curbs Hunger • The Healthiest Oil • Reboot Your Metabolism
174: Leanne Vogel – Get Fat-Adapted • What’s A Carb Up? • Vegans Can Go Keto, Too
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.