Naveen Jain is an entrepreneur and philanthropist driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges through innovation. He’s the founder of several successful companies including Moon Express, Viome, Bluedot, TalentWise, Intelius, and InfoSpace.
Moon Express is the only company to have permission from the US government to leave earth orbit and land on the moon.
Viome is focused on disrupting healthcare with the goal of “making illness elective.”
Naveen Jain is a trustee of the board at the X PRIZE Foundation and is on the board of Singularity University.
He’s been awarded many honours for his entrepreneurial successes and leadership skills.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Naveen became comfortable with change, as a kid, growing up in India
- Moon Express, the first private company given permission to land on the moon
- What is a moonshot?
- We are mostly microbial with a little bit of human DNA sprinkled in
- Every chronic disease comes from chronic inflammation
- Viome’s moonshot: a world where illness is a matter of choice, not a matter of bad luck
- 90% of healthcare costs are going toward chronic diseases
- How to properly rebuild our microbiomes
- There’s no such thing as a universal healthy diet
- How Viome works
- Our blood has a very rich microbiome
- The majority of probiotics being sold are completely useless
- Your microbes control what genes are expressed, under-expressed, or over-expressed
- What qualities make up a successful entrepreneur
- The most disruptive ideas come from non-experts
- Focus on what you want the world to be
- If people don’t think you’re crazy when they hear your goal, you’re not thinking big
- If you can solve a problem that impacts a billion people, you can create a 10 billion dollar company
- The three types of people in this world
- There’s no problem that innovation and entrepreneurship can’t solve
- How making money is like having an orgasm
- Don’t ever follow the habits of other people, follow their thought process
- You become the average of the 10 people you surround yourself with
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app*.
6. Share using the buttons below.