Michael Hyatt (IG: @michaelhyatt) is the CEO and founder of Michael Hyatt & Company. He’s scaled multiple companies over the years, including a $250M publishing company and his own leadership development company that has grown over 60% year over year for the past 4 years.
Michael is a New York Times bestselling author whose latest book is titled, Free to Focus, which focuses in on productivity and how to achieve more by doing less.
He’s been married for over 40 years, has five daughters, and nine grandchildren.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Michael’s health scare, 20 years ago
- Achieve more by doing less
- Establish a hard boundary
- Make the commitment
- The 4 types of freedom
- Be intentional about rejuvenation
- Optimize your sleep routine
- What are your three big wins today?
- 4 daily rituals
- Start your day by journaling
- What is the double win?
- The power of constraints
- The Freedom Compass
- The development zone
- Setting up your workday routine
- Don’t respond to messages instantly
- Work productivity hacks
- Setting up email signatures & autoresponders
- Hiring an assistant
- What is the best use of your time?
- Strategies for saying no
- The Yes-No-Yes Formula
- Unyielding integrity
- The 3×3 Strategy
- Paper planners help you stay focused
- Realize your full potential
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Sleep On Latex <== All mattresses ship same day and can be returned for free within 100 days
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Michael Hyatt – Free To Focus (book)
Michael Hyatt’s website
Follow Michael Hyatt on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Michael Hyatt’s books
Michael Hyatt’s Lead to Win Podcast
Full Focus Planner
Google Voice (app)
William Ury – The Power of a Positive No (book)
OmniFocus 3 (app)
Things 3 (app)
314: Focus Friday – Closing The Loops
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
274: Ryder Carroll – The Bullet Journal Method • Declutter Your Mind • Avoid The Perfectionism Trap
263: Jonathan Fields – Uncovering The Work That Sparks You
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.