Katie Wells aka Wellness Mama (IG: @wellnessmama) is a wife and mom of six, as well as an award-winning blogger, author, podcaster, and real food crusader. Her mission with WellnessMama.com is to provide simple answers for healthier families through practical tips, real food recipes, natural beauty and cleaning tutorials, natural remedies, and more.
Katie’s latest book is The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The walk that changed Katie’s life
- Experiencing a myriad of health issues
- The story behind Wellness Mama
- Why it took 8 doctors before Katie was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease
- Be active in your health care decisions
- Remove dangerous oils and artificial foods from your diet
- How to reduce plastic use in your home
- Addressing the mental & emotional side of Hashimoto’s
- Systematize your life
- Navigating pregnancy with Hashimoto’s
- Create a team culture within your family
- What to feed your baby first
- Katie’s approach to family mealtime
- Educate your children on choices
- When to introduce solid foods to babies
- Weaning & breastfeeding
- Homeschooling methods
- Why play is important for kids and their mental health
- Removing exposure to chemicals in your home
- Save money by making your own household cleaners
- Benefits of growing your own food
- Grounding & forest bathing
- Kids & technology
- Be efficient with work
- Finding your own way
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Katie Wells – The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox (book)
Katie Wells’ website (Wellness Mama)
Follow Katie Wells (Wellness Mama) on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
The Wellness Mama Podcast
Katie Wells – The Wellness Mama Cookbook
Wellness Mama – Cleaner recipes
EWG – Environmental Working Group
Wool dryer balls
Dr. Bronner’s (products)
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
281: Vani Hari aka Food Babe – Feeding You Lies • Non-GMO vs. Organic • Life As A New Mom
251: Dr. Sarah Buckley – Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering • Preconception Planning • The Role Of Oxytocin
146: Meghan Telpner & Josh Gitalis – Create Your Ultimate Healthy Home
053: Julie Piatt – The Warrior Path | Unschooling | The Importance Of Spiritual Connection
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.