Mayim Bialik (IG: @missmayim) is an American actress, neuroscientist, author and film director. From 1991 to 1995, she played the title character of the NBC sitcom Blossom. Mayim later played neuroscientist Amy Farrah Fowler on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory from 2010 to 2019.
She hosts Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown, a quirky, informative, and interactive podcast breaking down the myths and misunderstandings about mental health and emotional well-being.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The inspiration behind Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown
- Mayim’s mental health struggles over the years
- The impact of the pandemic on introverts/extroverts
- Practicing self-care during lockdown
- Connecting & bonding with your children through attachment parenting principles
- The boundaries of gentle discipline
- Mayim’s decision to leave academia to raise her children
- Consciously preparing to be a mother
- Navigating celebrity life with young kids
- Teaching your kids about the internet & access to information
- Why Mayim isn’t a fan of watching her work afterwards
- The Waldorf & RIE homeschool philosophy
- The college system is adjusting to the rise of homeschoolers
- Becoming vegetarian at age 19, later transitioning to veganism
- How Mayim’s sinus infections stopped after eliminating dairy from her diet
- Raising healthy vegan children
- Learn how to quiet your mind through meditation
- Religion provides a foundation to build an ethical & spiritual framework for life
- Falling in love with Judaism
- Appreciating the wonder of the human experience
- Teaching your kids to talk about their feelings
- Mayim’s OCD diagnosis
- The challenges filming a sitcom during a pandemic
- Mayim’s future goals & upcoming projects
BiOptimizers <== 10% off BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown (podcast)
Mayim Bialik’s website
Follow Mayim Bialik on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Call Me Kat, Season 1
Big Bang Theory, Season 1
Blossom: The Complete Series
Mayim Bialik – Boying Up (book)
Mayim Bialik – Girling Up (book)
Mayim Bialik – Vegan Table (book)
Mayim Bialik – Beyond The Sling (book)
Resources For Infant Educarers (RIE)
Black Lives Matter
Insight Timer (app)
Sharon Salzberg (books)
Listen to Sharon Salzberg previously on TUHP (episode #105)
Hillel at UCLA
As Sick As They Made Us
Laura Prepon on Healing With Real Food (#406)
Andrea Hannemann (Earthy Andy) on Healing Chronic Health Issues by Embracing a Plant-Based Diet (#386)
Alicia Silverstone On Living A Responsible And Ethical Life, Waldorf Education, And Being Famous (#384)
317: Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum, Managing Anxiety, Homeschooling
283: Katie Wells aka Wellness Mama – Maintaining A Healthy Family, Home & Business
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.