Julia Samuel MBE (IG: @juliasamuelmbe) is a leading British psychotherapist.
During the last thirty years she has worked first for the NHS and then in private practice. Julia is Founder Patron of Child Bereavement UK.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- From the womb, Julia was wired to connect
- Being a decorator is not so different from being a therapist
- The key to a strong and lasting relationship
- Walking and talking is therapeutic
- A ritual is a habit with a soul
- The secret weapon of communication is listening
- Working with families who lost babies & children
- Dare to love and live despite the pain
- Using breathing meditations to disconnect from work
- How to support someone who is going through immense grief
- How to move through grief in a healthy way
- What are living losses?
- Dare to grow outside your comfort zone
- Understanding planned vs. unplanned change
- Every choice is an end and the beginning of something else
- People that adapt to change thrive in life
- The quality of relationships in our lives defines the quality of our life
- Prioritizing friendships through different phases of life
- Recognize the limits of family relationships
- Use journaling as a tool to create a better relationship with yourself
- Exercise as an antidepressant
- Choosing and building tiny habits
- Julia’s personal struggles with social media
- Distractions can be healthy
- Where certainty ends hope begins
- What is one thing you are grateful for today?
- We are all going to die
- In the end, love matters most
- None of us are perfect
BiOptimizers <== 10% off BiOptimizers MassZymes by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Julia Samuel – This Too Shall Pass (book)
Julia Samuel’s website
Follow Julia Samuel on Facebook and Instagram
Julia Samuel – Grief Works (book)
A Living Loss (Julia Samuel’s Podcast)
NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence)
BJ Fogg – Tiny Habits (book)
Matthew McConaughey on Catching More Greenlights, the Impermanence of Life, & Writing Your Own Story (#398)
Rachel Hollis on Putting Life Back Together When Your World Falls Apart (#395)
Sarah Wilson – This One Wild and Precious Life (#385)
359: Dr. Daniel Amen – The End Of Mental Illness
321: Neil Pasricha – You Are Awesome, Intentional Living, Becoming Anti-Fragile
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.