Dr. Amen is the founder of Amen Clinics, which has 8 locations across the United States.
He’s also hosted 14 national public television shows about the brain, which have aired over 100,000 times across North America.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The end of the term “mental illness”
- The history of how “mental illnesses” were treated
- Nourish your brain
- What is brain SPECT imaging?
- The anatomy of the brain
- The long term impact of concussions & head injuries
- Brain health involves 3 things
- Alcohol prematurely ages your brain
- You don’t have to lose consciousness to experience a brain injury
- The connection between hearth health & mental health
- Increasing blood flow with hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Autoimmune issues are linked to mental health issues
- The connection between Lyme disease and schizophrenia
- How leaky gut impacts your brain & mental health
- Hormones are miracle grow for your brain
- Toxins impact neurohormones
- Brain injuries can damage your pituitary gland
- Gum disease is a major cause of inflammation in your body
- What is your brain reserve?
- The role of epigenetics & illness
- Give your brain a break with intermittent fasting
- Dr. Amen’s thoughts on CBD
- Working through grief
Dr. Daniel Amen – The End of Mental Illness (book)
Dr. Daniel Amen’s website (Amen Clinics)
Follow Dr. Daniel Amen on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Daniel Amen (books)
Listen to Dr. Daniel Amen previously on TUHP (episode #333)
Dr. Amen – I Told You So! Why The American Cancer Society Says To Stop Drinking (article)
Listen to Tana Amen previously on TUHP (episode #063)
BrainMD – Neurovite Plus
Justin Bieber: Seasons (documentary)
Think Dirty (app)
Listen to Dr. Satchin Panda previously on TUHP (episode #353)
348: Andy Mant – How Light Impacts Your Health
332: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Wash, Prioritizing Meditation, The T.I.M.E. Tool
248: Evan Brand – Parasites, H. pylori, & Candida • Cavitation Surgery • Addressing Mental Health
092: Dr. Kelly Brogan – Depression, Myths & Misconceptions • Medications That Commonly Cause Psychiatric Side Effects • Gut Health Impacts Brain Health
294: Dr. Sara Gottfried – Brain Body Diet, Start To Surrender, Reset With Intermittent Fasting
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.