On today’s show, we are speaking with chef, Frank Giglio. He and his family live off the grid on a solar powered farm in Maine – Three Lily Farm. Their 26 acre property features a spring fed pond, gardens and wild edibles which allows Frank and his family to rewild, connecting with nature.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Running 100 miles on raw foods
- Frank’s journey to becoming a chef
- The evolution of Frank’s diet over the years
- It’s time to rewild your diet and lifestyle
- The ups and downs of living off the grid
- How does someone living in the city begin to rewild their life?
- Make an adventure out of harvesting your own spring water
- Raw foods can decrease your digestive fire
- The many benefits of fermented foods
- The difference between fermenting, pickling, and canning
- Making tinctures from local plants
- Good food takes time to prepare
- Prepare foods that can be used multiple times throughout the week
- Quality butter is a health food
- The difference between butter, ghee and clarified butter
- How does coconut oil compare to butter?
- Parents create picky eaters
- Raising a child off the grid
Links to things we mentioned:
Three Lily Farm (Frank’s website)
Frank Giglio – The Butter Book (affiliate)
Chef Frank’s Home Apothecary Course (affiliate)
Tree of Life Center
Find A Spring
Donna Gates – The Body Ecology Diet (book)
Weston A. Price
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.