On today’s show, we are speaking with chef, Frank Giglio. He and his family live off the grid on a solar powered farm in Maine – Three Lily Farm. Their 26 acre property features a spring fed pond, gardens and wild edibles which allows Frank and his family to rewild, connecting with nature.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Running 100 miles on raw foods
- Frank’s journey to becoming a chef
- The evolution of Frank’s diet over the years
- It’s time to rewild your diet and lifestyle
- The ups and downs of living off the grid
- How does someone living in the city begin to rewild their life?
- Make an adventure out of harvesting your own spring water
- Raw foods can decrease your digestive fire
- The many benefits of fermented foods
- The difference between fermenting, pickling, and canning
- Making tinctures from local plants
- Good food takes time to prepare
- Prepare foods that can be used multiple times throughout the week
- Quality butter is a health food
- The difference between butter, ghee and clarified butter
- How does coconut oil compare to butter?
- Parents create picky eaters
- Raising a child off the grid
Three Lily Farm (Frank’s website)
Follow Three Lily Provisions on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Frank Giglio – The Butter Book (affiliate)
Chef Frank’s Home Apothecary Course (affiliate)
Tree of Life Center
Find A Spring
Donna Gates – The Body Ecology Diet (book)
Weston A. Price
Weston A. Price – Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (book)
016: Steve Sanna – Dry Fast Your Way To Health, The Power Of Fermented Foods, Blocking Harmful EMFs
130: Sandor Katz – Wild Fermentation • Probiotic Supplements vs. Fermented Foods • Ferment At Home
146: Meghan Telpner & Josh Gitalis – Create Your Ultimate Healthy Home
015: Tero Isokauppila – Balance Your Hormones And Immune System With Superfood Mushrooms
052: Shawn Stevenson – Sleep Smarter | Living Spring Water | Solutions For Snoring
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.