On this week’s episode, we are speaking with practicing family physician and nine-time #1 New York Times bestselling author, Dr. Mark Hyman. He is an internationally recognized speaker and educator who is dedicated to tackling the root causes of disease by harnessing the power of Functional Medicine.
Dr. Hyman is the director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine and is also the founder and medical director of The UltraWellness Center. He has been a regular medical contributor on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The View, and The Dr. Oz Show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is the Pegan diet?
- You can be allergic to healthy foods
- Our typical western diet causes inflammation
- Ways you can test for food allergies
- Dr. Hyman’s emergency food pack
- Eating healthy fats helps you lose weight
- Sugar is the new fat
- Carbs aren’t the devil
- How to intermittent fast, the easy way
- Why you need to stop consuming artificial sweeteners
- Food contains information, not just calories
- It’s possible to eat 10,000 calories a day and not gain weight
- When it comes to weight gain, insulin is the culprit
- Skinny Fat Syndrome… what is it + what causes it?
- Belly fat is the most dangerous kind of fat
- Sugar, heroin, and cocaine all light up the same part of your brain
- Strategies for recovering from adrenal fatigue/burnout
- Dr. Hyman’s nighttime routine
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)
Join The Ultimate Health Podcast Facebook Community
Follow TUHP on Instagram
Dr. Mark Hyman’s website
Dr. Mark Hyman – The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet (book)
Dr. Mark Hyman – Eat Fat, Get Thin (book)
Inner Balance Trainer – HeartMarth
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.