On this week’s episode, we are speaking with practicing family physician and nine-time #1 New York Times bestselling author, Dr. Mark Hyman. He is an internationally recognized speaker and educator who is dedicated to tackling the root causes of disease by harnessing the power of Functional Medicine.
Dr. Hyman is the director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine and is also the founder and medical director of The UltraWellness Center. He has been a regular medical contributor on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The View, and The Dr. Oz Show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is the Pegan diet?
- You can be allergic to healthy foods
- Our typical western diet causes inflammation
- Ways you can test for food allergies
- Dr. Hyman’s emergency food pack
- Eating healthy fats helps you lose weight
- Sugar is the new fat
- Carbs aren’t the devil
- How to intermittent fast, the easy way
- Why you need to stop consuming artificial sweeteners
- Food contains information, not just calories
- It’s possible to eat 10,000 calories a day and not gain weight
- When it comes to weight gain, insulin is the culprit
- Skinny Fat Syndrome… what is it + what causes it?
- Belly fat is the most dangerous kind of fat
- Sugar, heroin, and cocaine all light up the same part of your brain
- Strategies for recovering from adrenal fatigue/burnout
- Dr. Hyman’s nighttime routine
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Mark Hyman – The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet (book)
Dr. Mark Hyman’s website
Follow Dr. Mark Hyman on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Mark Hyman – Eat Fat, Get Thin (book)
Inner Balance Trainer – HeartMarth
084: Dr. Mark Hyman – Saturated Fat Isn’t The Enemy | Eat Fat, Get Thin | Stop Fearing Cholesterol
214: Dr. Mark Hyman – What The Heck Should I Eat? • Ketogenic Diet Hype • Meat As A Condiment
127: Dr. Leo Galland – The Allergy Solution • The Stress-Allergy Connection • Peanut Allergies In Kids
054: Kevin Gianni – Adrenal Fatigue In The 21st Century | The Coffee Experiment | Healthy Living Before & After Kids
080: Josh Gitalis – Getting To The Root Of Depression & Anxiety | Protect Your Adrenals With Adaptogenic Herbs | Synthetic vs. Whole Food Supplements
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.