Dr. Leo Galland is internationally recognized as a world leader in integrated medicine and a founder of Functional Medicine.
Educated at Harvard University and the NYU School of Medicine, he won the Linus Pauling Award for his trailblazing vision that created a bold new way to practice medicine for thousands of doctors.
Dr. Galland has appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, on the Dr. Oz Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, PBS, CNN, and Fox.
The past spring he released a new book titled The Allergy Solution.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why have we become so allergic?
- The majority of people in the US today will have an allergic reaction in their lifetime
- Automotive pollution is a major factor contributing to our allergy epidemic
- The relationship between formaldehyde and allergies
- Allergies start in your stomach
- A healthy microbiome has a high level of diversity
- Anti-plaque toothpastes may still contain triclosan
- Eating fast food three times a week increases your risk of developing allergies
- Your diet is essential to having a diverse microbiome
- Having outdoor pets leads to a significant reduction in allergies
- An immune deficiency allows the allergic reactions to become overactive
- The link between stress and allergies
- Allergy means altered reactivity
- An allergic reaction can produce almost any symptom
- 30-40 years ago… it was easier to lose weight and harder to gain weight
- If you have allergies you’re more likely to become overweight AND if you’re overweight you’re more likely to develop allergies
- Two factors that can increase a child’s risk of developing a peanut allergy
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Dr. Leo Galland – The Allergy Solution (book)*
Dr. Leo Galland’s website
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.