Dr. Karen Becker is a proactive and integrative wellness veterinarian. Her approach seeks to save you and your pet from unnecessary stress and suffering by identifying and removing health obstacles before disease occurs. Karen works with Dr. Mercola, providing cutting edge holistic pet information over on his website, Healthy Pets.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The best diet for dogs and cats
- How to easily reduce your dogs risk of cancer by 90%
- Aim for optimal nutrition for your pets, not the minimum
- It’s good to rotate animal proteins
- How to make your own raw pet food at home
- Foods to never feed your dog or cat
- Every bite of dry kibble contains carcinogens
- Pathogens in raw food vs. dehydrated raw food
- How to slow down pets that gulp their food
- Can cats and dogs thrive on a vegan or vegetarian diet?
- The health issues related to early spaying and neutering
- Consider the ovary sparing technique or a vasectomy instead of traditional spaying and neutering
Links to things we mentioned:
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Dr. Karen Becker’s website
Healthy Pets with Dr. Karen Becker on Mercola.com
Dr. Karen Becker – Dr. Becker’s Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats (book)*
Natural Pet Productions – no longer available
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on iTunes, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Play Music. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community here.
4. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app here.
5. Share using the buttons below.