Vishen Lakhiani (IG: @vishen) is the founder and CEO of Mindvalley, an award-winning personal growth education company with millions of students worldwide, shaping the future of our education and how we learn.
He is a two-time New York Times bestselling author and hosts a top 20 mental health podcast featuring celebrities, scientists and doctors.
This conversation is really going to get you analyzing your life. Vishen explains that much of what we think and how we act is based on bullshit rules or what he calls Brules that are passed down from generation to generation. He’ll teach you how to start thinking and living for yourself.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Vishen grew up questioning the assumptions of society
- The world of absolute truth vs. relative truth
- The art of self-awareness
- Find like-minded individuals who share your beliefs
- Agreeing to disagree
- The 3 most important questions
- Cultural programming views
- Understanding the difference between a means goal and an end goal
- Untangling the concept of a career
- How the culturescape is different around the world
- Cutting the cord on organized religion
- What is belief clustering?
- The best entrepreneurs are at peace
- The Buddha and the Badass
- Following your heart and intuition
- 4 ways to access altered states
- The 6 phase meditation
- Establishing a non-negotiable set point
- How to optimize your sleep
- Vishen’s intermittent fasting schedule
- Mindvalley helps you grow
Four Sigmatic <== Save up to 40% off Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee bundles
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
AquaOmega <== 20% off the world’s best omega-3 supplements by using the code ultimate20 at checkout
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Vishen Lakhiani – The Code of the Extraordinary Mind (book)
Vishen Lakhiani’s website (Mindvalley)
Follow Vishen Lakhiani on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Vishen Lakhiani – The Buddha and the Baddass (book)
Neale Donald Walsch – Conversations With God (book)
3 Most Important Questions (YouTube)
American Management Association
Shawn Achor – The Happiness Advantage (book)
Shirzad Chamine – Positive Intelligence (book)
Walter Isaacson – Steve Jobs (book)
Daniel Goleman & Richard J. Davidson – Altered Traits (book)
The Mastery of Sleep with Michael Breus
Beyond Fasting with Ronan Oliveira
WILDFIT with Eric Edmeades
How to Reach Your Full Potential | Scott Barry Kaufman (#445)
This Simple Habit Will Completely Transform Your Life! | Mel Robbins (#432)
Steven Kotler on Flow, Recovering From Lyme Disease, Psychedelics, & The Art of Impossible (#388)
382: Dr. Pedram Shojai – Becoming A Taoist Monk, Meditation Is the Ultimate Drug, Managing Your Life Garden
374: Dr. Jud Brewer – The Craving Mind, Finding Joy In Meditation, Overcoming Addictions
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.