Dr. Shawn Baker (IG: @shawnbaker1967) is an orthopedic surgeon, a world record holding athlete, a father and a proponent of the carnivore diet.
Shawn is an international speaker, podcast host and consultant.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The carnivore diet
- The evolution of Shawn’s diet over the years
- The carnivore diet isn’t reverse veganism
- Living on leaves and lean protein doesn’t work for everyone
- Shawn eats 4500 calories/day
- Following a time-restricted eating (TRE) schedule
- Increasing daily protein intake improves strength
- Elite & endurance athletes find success on the carnivore diet
- Breaking down Shawn’s lab results
- Ground beef from grass-fed and grain-fed cattle
- Degenerative monoculture vs. regenerative farming
- Regenerative agriculture can offset carbon emissions
- Who’s controlling our food supply?
- Plant-based/vegan diets do more harm to the environment than people realize
- The history of all meat diets
- There is no evidence that shows you’ll die of a heart attack from eating a carnivore diet
- Is a carnivore diet what our ancestors ate?
- The hybridization of food over the years
- The anatomy and physiology of a carnivore
- How Shawn’s digestion changed on a carnivore diet
- Animals are tremendous sources of nutrient intensification
- Can you get adequate vitamin C on a meat-based diet?
- Is salt a supplement?
- The facts about gout & the carnivore diet
- How to properly transition to the carnivore diet
- Craving meat-based nutrition
- A sustainable diet is one where you enjoy the food
- How Shawn cooks the meat he eats
- Experimenting with raw meat
- Are there any health benefits from eating nose to tail/organ meats?
- Is there any evidence that our ancestors consumed organ meats?
- Subsistence eating vs. surplus eating
- Shawn’s thoughts about hunting
- Is iron overload a concern on a carnivore diet?
- Do your own research
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping on orders over $50)
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Dr. Shawn Baker – The Carnivore Diet (book)
Dr. Shawn Baker’s website
Follow Dr. Shawn Baker on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Human Perormance Outliers Podcast
Stephen B. Smith, Ph.D. – Ground beef from grass-fed and grain-fed cattle: Does it matter? (article)
Food Climate Research Network – Grazed & Confused (article)
Dr. Allen Williams, Ph.D. – Joyce Farms
White Oaks Pastures
Alderspring Ranch Grass Fed Beef
Joe Rogan Experience #1050 – Dr. Shawn Baker
364: Robb Wolf – Well Raised Meat Is Good For You And The Planet
372: Ryland Engelhart – Kiss The Ground, The Story Of Cafe Gratitude, Regenerative Agriculture
371: Autumn Smith – Healing From IBS & Anxiety, Supporting Regenerative Agriculture, Organ Meats To Support Mental Health
370: John & Molly Chester – The Biggest Little Farm
249: Dr. Anthony Gustin – The Carnivore Diet • Setting & Tracking Goals • Breaking Down Keto
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.