She combines the best of conventional primary care with a functional approach to health. This means that Robin focuses on getting to the root cause of disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Robin became the 1st producer of Dr. Oz’s radio show
- The epiphany that sparked Robin’s medical career
- How yoga led to meditation
- Transitioning to eating real food
- Using a holistic approach to medicine to heal chronic illnesses
- Transforming medicine
- Robin developing bad cystic acne during medical school
- Getting to the root of the problem
- Triggers for intestinal permeability (aka leaky gut)
- Testing for food allergies & food sensitivities
- The elimination diet vs. the autoimmune protocol (AIP)
- Sugar is poison
- The personalized medicine approach at Parsley Health
- How Vipassana Meditation transformed Robin’s life
- Balancing a career & motherhood
- Eating healthy is self-care
- Knowing how to feel good and get healthy
BLUblox <== 15% off the world’s most advanced blue light glasses
Thrive Market <== As a new Thrive customer you get 25% off your order ($20 max) and a free 30-day membership (US only)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Parsley Health <== Save $150 (get your 1st month free) by using the code ultimatehealth when you become a Parsley member
Robin Berzin’s website
Follow Dr. Robin Berzin on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
The Institute for Functional Medicine
317: Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum, Managing Anxiety, Homeschooling
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
220: Sarah Ballantyne – Paleo Is Almost A Plant-Based Diet • Prioritize Sleep • AIP 101
089: Dr. Josh Axe – Eat Dirt • Leaky Gut Is The Root Cause Of All Disease • Soil-Based Organisms
074: Dr. Mark Hyman – Create An Emergency Food Pack | The Pegan Diet | Sugar Is The New Fat
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.