On this week’s show, we are speaking with Dr. Josh Axe. He is a certified doctor of natural medicine and clinical nutritionist with a passion to help get people healthy by using food as medicine.
Josh created one of the top 10 most visited natural health websites on the planet, draxe.com. He is the author of Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A little bit of dirt is great for your immunity and digestion
- Should you wash your vegetables?
- Leaky gut syndrome is the root cause of all disease
- Early warning signs & symptoms of leaky gut
- The 6 main causes of leaky gut
- All medications cause leaky gut
- Destress with an epsom salt & essential oil bath
- Josh’s spiritual triathlon
- The #1 food for healing leaky gut is bone broth
- The food most diverse in probiotics, goat’s milk kefir
- Redefining “good” and “bad” gut bacteria
- Properly preparing grains
- Raw foods and leaky gut don’t mix
- The 5 gut types
- Spring and Summer are the best times to consume raw foods
- A diet to help heal from candida gut
- Combating EMFs through diet and lifestyle modifications
- When you buy meat, only buy organic
- Minimize your exposure to toxins by incorporating essential oils
- Tests for leaky gut syndrome
- Most people can radically turn their gut health around in 90 days
- No food or supplement actually heals you
- Soil-based organisms (SBOs) vs. probiotics vs. fermented foods
- Kids naturally eat dirt
- Other microorganisms besides bacteria can be healthy
Dr. Josh Axe – Eat Dirt (book)
Dr. Josh Axe’s website
Follow Dr. Josh Axe on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Dr. Josh Axe – What Kind of Leaky Gut Test Should You Take? (blog)
Pure Water Freedom
The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Join TUHP Facebook group
Add us on Snapchat
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
270: Nicolas Pineault – The Non-Tinfoil Guide To EMFs
248: Evan Brand – Parasites, H. pylori, & Candida • Cavitation Surgery • Addressing Mental Health
087: Dr. Robynne Chutkan – The Bloat Cure | Stress Changes Your Gut Bacteria | Cruciferous Vegetables Cause “Good Gas”
058: Mike Mutzel – Next Level Gut Health | The Power Of Pea Protein | Is Gluten Always Bad?
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.