Max Lugavere (@maxlugavere) is a filmmaker, TV personality, health and science journalist, and brain food expert. He is also the director of the upcoming film Bread Head, the first-ever documentary about dementia prevention through diet and lifestyle. Max is the author of the soon-to-be released, Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain For Life*.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Max’s Mom getting diagnosed with a neurodegenerative condition
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia
- Physicians know very little when it comes to nutrition
- Alzheimer’s begins in the brain decades before the first symptom
- The diet Max recommends for ultimate cognition – The Genius Plan
- Alzheimer’s and the ketogenic diet
- The connection between type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer’s
- High fat is in
- The only oil Max recommends consuming liberally
- Supplementing with fish oil
- Huge fatty salads
- Carotenoids have been show to boost brain processing speed
- Smoke point vs. the point at which an oil oxidizes and goes rancid
- Stop consuming and cooking with grape seed oil
- People with Alzheimer’s can crave sugary foods
- Finding balance with ketosis
- Creatine is a necessary compound in the brain – it recycles ATP
- Polyphenols – the most valuable compounds in chocolate
- When we’re stagnant our brains suffer
- Building muscles essentially builds glucose banks
- Do you feel hungover after skimping on sleep?
- Can Alzheimer’s disease be reversed?
- The importance of bright light exposure
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
CoreChair <== Apply the code tuhpcc at checkout for your listener discount (free shipping in North America)
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Download our Habits app for iOS. You choose the healthy habits you want to implement and maintain and our app will help keep you on track. Download Habits app*.
6. Share using the buttons below.