David Bronner is the Cosmic Engagement Officer (CEO) of Dr. Bronner’s, the top-selling brand of natural soaps in North America and producer of a range of organic body care and food products. He is a grandson of company founder, Emanuel Bronner, and a fifth-generation soapmaker. Under David and his brother Michael’s leadership, the brand has grown from $4 million in 1998 to $129 million in annual revenue in 2019.
David is helping to lead the effort to establish the Regenerative Organic Certified standard.
One of his passions is the responsible integration of cannabis and psychedelic medicine into American and global culture and he is a board member of the Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies (MAPS).
In this episode, we discuss:
- 5 generations of family soapmaking
- The mystical insights of Dr. Emanuel Bronner’s mission
- Dr. Bronner’s escape from an insane asylum and ending up in LA
- Dr. Bronner wasn’t actually a doctor
- Spreading the joy of Jim Bronner with the Magic Foam Experience
- Donating 1,200 acres of land to the San Diego Boys & Girls Club
- The highest paid Dr. Bronner’s employee gets capped at 5x the lowest paid
- Psychedelics for spiritual growth
- Awakening to the drug war
- Passion for making the world more peaceful
- Learning the Moral ABC from his granddad
- David’s transition from Harvard to Amsterdam
- Becoming an activist
- The secret history of cannabis in America
- Learning the ropes from dad
- The battle of the hemp industry vs. DEA regulations
- Supporting psychedelic assisted therapy
- Regenerative agriculture restores ecosystems
Pique Tea <== 5% off all Pique Tea products & free shipping on orders over $60
BLUblox <== 15% off the world’s most advanced blue light glasses
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
David Bronner – Cosmic Engagement Officer (CEO)
Dr. Bronner’s website
Follow Dr. Bronner’s on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Emanuel Bronner
Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soapbox (documentary)
Lisa Bronner – Going Green With A Bronner Mom
Multidisciplinary Association For Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
Jack Herer – The Emperor Wears No Clothes (book)
VETS: Veterans Exploring Treatment Solutions
Regenerative Organic Certified
372: Ryland Engelhart – Kiss The Ground, The Story Of Cafe Gratitude, Regenerative Agriculture
371: Autumn Smith – Healing From IBS & Anxiety, Supporting Regenerative Agriculture, Organ Meats To Support Mental Health
368: Jordan Younger Albrecht – Healing From Lyme Disease, Eating Vegan (Again), Psychedelic Transformations
352: Jenny Sansouci – Healing With Cannabis, CBD, & Mushrooms
375: James Sebastiano – Chasing The Present
David Bronner photo credit: Matthew Staver
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.