She’s a certified health coach and creator of the wellness blog Healthy Crush, where she’s been writing since 2008.
Jenny is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and has been trained by functional medicine doctor Frank Lipman, MD in New York City.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jenny’s dad getting diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer
- Starting the blog, Healthy Crush
- Researching cannabis & medicinal mushrooms for cancer
- Cannabis oil can be used to help relieve the side effects of chemotherapy
- Cannabis has always been used as a medicine
- The difference between hemp & marijuana
- What are turpenes?
- CBD isolate is different than a full spectrum CBD product
- The benefits of CBD
- How skin receptors interact with cannabis molecules
- If you are new to CBD, start with a tincture
- Microdosing with THC
- Medicinal mushrooms for everyday use
- The benefits of culinary mushrooms: shiitake, lion’s mane, & maitake
- What does dual extracted mean?
- What are the active compounds in medicinal mushrooms?
- Chaga & reishi are immune balancing mushrooms
- Button, cremini & portabellas are the same species of mushroom
- Medicinal mushrooms vs. psychedelic magic mushrooms
- Research shows psilocybin has positive benefits for mental health & depression
- Don’t experiment with psychedelics on your own, work with a trained guide
- Jenny’s daily cannabis & medicinal mushroom routine
- Jenny’s dad’s pancreatic cancer update
- AHCC supplementation
- How full extract cannabis oil (aka Rick Simpson oil) helps with nausea & appetite
- Before buying CBD products review third party lab tests
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Jenny Sansouci – The Rebel’s Apothecary: A Practical Guide to the Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms (book)
Jenny Sansouci’s website (Healthy Crush)
Follow Jenny Sansouci on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Healthy Crush Cancer Resources (Jenny’s website)
Listen to Dr. Frank Lipman previously on TUHP (episode #129)
Dr. Frank Lipman (books)
Listen to David Wolfe previously on TUHP (episode #014)
David Wolfe (books)
Four Sigmatic <== Save 15% off all Four Sigmatic products + free shipping on orders over $100
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
295: Dr. Andrew Weil – Cooking As A Form Of Meditation, Moods Are Contagious, Microdosing Psilocybin
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
259: Dr. Gabor Maté – Trauma, Addiction, & The Use Of Psychedelics
143: Tero Isokauppila – Medicinal Mushrooms Have The Power To Regulate Your Immunity, Boost Your Brain, And Improve Your Gut Health
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.