This week we are featuring Tess Masters, The Blender Girl. She’s a cook, writer, actor, and voiceover artist with a passion for smoothies and juices.
Tess is the author of The Blender Girl, The Blender Girl Smoothies (recipe book) and will release her third book, The Perfect Blend at the end of this year.
Tess is Australian-born and now lives with her partner and West Highland White Terrier in California.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Tess got her nickname “The Blender Girl”
- No one diet works for everyone
- How Tess went about building her brand and empire
- You learn from everyone you interact with
- Tess getting diagnosed with Epstein-Barr virus
- We all need to eat more vegetables
- Becoming fearless after a breakup
- Social media and the internet level the playing field in the 21st century
- Using your own voice and trusting in your uniqueness
- You haven’t missed the boat starting your online business… yet
- Nobody can do you better than you
- Managing work-life balance in today’s always connected world
- Smart people surround themselves with smarter people
- The ultimate smoothie walkthrough
- Tess’ top smoothie tip
- After you blend a smoothie, are all the nutrients destroyed?
- Which is better… Vitamix or Blendtec?
- The best blender in the world
- Problems with glass blender containers
- Tess’ current favourite smoothie
- The importance of staying hydrated
Links to things we mentioned:
Tess Masters’ website – The Blender Girl
Tess Masters – The Blender Girl (book)*
Tess Masters – The Blender Girl Smoothies (recipe book)*
Tess’ iOS app – The Blender Girl
The 2016 Culinary Nutrition Conference hosted by Meghan Telpner
The Body Ecology Diet website
Michael Pollan Cooked – Netflix Documentary Series
KitchenAid Pro Line Series Blender
Breville Boss Blender*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping over $100)*
Download Habits app for iOS
Join TUHP Facebook group
Add us on Snapchat
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast.
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later.
3. Share using the buttons below.