Besides clean water, smoothies, juices and elixirs are a few of our staple beverages. But, there are so many other healthy drinks we include in our daily routines. On today’s show we go deep and get into the nitty gritty of what liquids we consume, when we consume them and how they contribute to our health (and now yours).
Often people are able to wrap their heads around the importance of consuming fresh, organic whole foods to thrive but when it comes to healthy drinks, they fail to make the same connection.
As adults, the majority of us is water (around 60%) and in children even more so. It only makes sense we rehydrate with the best liquids available.
We are excited to share the drinks we consume on a regular basis. We have drinks to get going first thing in the morning, drinks to rest & relax us before bed and everything in between.
So pour yourself a glass of your favourite herbal tea, sit back and enjoy the show.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of consuming high quality water throughout the day
- Yes, you can drink too much water (hyponatremia)
- Our cold morning elixir recipe
- The #1 tool we recommend to someone just getting into the health world
- A fresh coconut – the ultimate starting point for your smoothie
- The difference between smoothies and juices
- What juicer is best for you?
- How to make fresh juice using a high speed blender
- What to look for when buying fresh juice
- How to make the perfect mug of tea
- What to look for in a kettle
- Our favourite fermented beverages – kombucha, jun and water keifer
- Marni’s epic hot elixir recipe
- Brazil nuts are an amazing source of selenium
- Ceylon cinnamon… the real cinnamon
- Where you can buy quality herbs online
- Drink ideas for calming your body before bed
- A contest where you can win one of Marni’s signed books – Plant-Based Diet For Dummies
Listen to David Wolfe previously on TUHP (episode #014)
Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
Vega Pre-Workout Energizer (supplement)
Moringa Powder (supplement)
Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens, Liquid Light + Proteins (supplements) (use discount code “TUHP” at checkout and save 10%. Free shipping on orders over $100 in US and Can)
HealthForce Nutritionals – Vitamineral Green (supplement)
Giddy Yoyo reishi and chaga tinctures
Four Sigmatic (use discount code “TUHP” at checkout and save 10%. Free shipping on orders over $100 in US and Can)
Truly Organic Foods
Marni Wasserman – Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (book)
Kris Carr’s Juicer Smackdown: How to choose the best juicer
Greenhouse Juice Co.
Listen to Joe Cross previously on TUHP (episode #006)
The Renegade Health Show (YouTube)
Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee Beans
Listen to Steve Sanna previously on TUHP (episode #016)
Tim Ferriss – The Four Hour Body (book)
Are you using Medicinal Mushrooms in Elixirs?
Spring Dragon Longevity Tea
The Cinnamon Leaf
Raw Elements (use discount code “TUHP” at checkout and save 10%. Free shipping on orders over $100 in Can)
Natural Calm – magnesium drink
094: Tess Masters (The Blender Girl) – The Perfect Smoothie • Does Blending Destroy Nutrients? • Vitamix vs. Blendtec
006: Joe Cross – Reboot Your Body With Juice
003: Bethanne Wanamaker – The Power of Superfood Elixirs
007: Yes, You Can Fill Up On Plants!
046: Ronnie Landis – Power Up Your Adrenals | Calcium Supplements Don’t Work | The Most Caffeinated Plant In The World (It’s Not Coffee)
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.