Jessie Inchauspé is on a mission to translate cutting-edge science into easy advice to help people improve their physical and mental health.
She’s the founder of the wildly popular Instagram account @GlucoseGoddess, where she teaches hundreds of thousands of people about healthy food habits.
In her first book, Glucose Revolution, Jessie shares her startling discovery about the essential role of blood sugar in every aspect of our lives, from cravings to fertility, and the surprising hacks to optimize it while still eating the foods we love.
Today Jessie and I go deep into these hacks so you can take control of your blood sugar starting today.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What happens when glucose spikes in your body?
- The difference between starch and sugar
- Invisible insulin spikes explained
- How does caffeine relate to insulin
- The problem with injecting insulin if you have type 2 diabetes
- How Jessie got into studying the science of glucose
- A simple hack if you don’t have a glucose monitor
- Eat your food in this order to minimize glucose spikes
- The impact of drinking juices & smoothies on blood glucose
- Debunking the fruit myth + why you should eat it last
- Never eat your carbs naked
- Breakfast: what to eat + what not to eat
- The truth about sugar and other sweeteners
- Hacks to battle sugar cravings
- How to manage reactive hypoglycemia
- Drinking vinegar water to reduce a glucose spike
- Moving your body after meals
- Starting your meals with veggies
- The nuances of glucose and alcohol
- Jessie shares her dietary experiments
- Jessie’s typical day of eating + applying the hacks
- The growth of the Glucose Goddess community
- “Calories in, calories out” is outdated information
- Jessie’s thoughts on dairy
- How quickly do people start to see changes after controlling their glucose?
- Fixing blood glucose improves mental health
The Bitter Truth About Sugar: It’s Poisoning You! | Dr. Robert Lustig (#474)
Intermittent Fasting Is the Key to Weight Loss | Dr. Jason Fung (#467)
Eliminate These Foods to Lose Weight & Prevent + Reverse Disease | Dr. David Perlmutter (#457)
Kick Sugar to the Curb to Reduce Inflammation & Restore Your Health | Julie Daniluk (#450)
The Hidden Root Cause of Most Chronic Disease | Dr. Benjamin Bikman (#448)
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.