Annaka Harris (IG: @annakaharrisprojects) is the New York Times bestselling author of CONSCIOUS: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind.
She is an editor and consultant for science writers, specializing in neuroscience and physics, and her work has appeared in The New York Times.
Annaka is the author of the children’s book I Wonder, a collaborator on the Mindful Games Activity Cards, and a volunteer mindfulness teacher for the Inner Kids organization.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- As a kid, Annaka had a deeper sense of reality
- How Annaka got involved teaching meditation to children
- Integrating mindfulness into the school system
- Children learn to meditate easier than adults
- Practice meditating in the midst of everyday life
- Annaka’s early influence into meditation
- Why people have a hard time sticking to a meditation practice
- The emotions Annaka experienced on her first 5-day silent meditation retreat
- A radical shift is timeless
- Consciousness… the fundamental mystery of the mind
- Moving beyond panpsychism
- Consciousness as a felt experience
- The Integrated Information Theory
- The combination problem
- What is binding?
- Our conscious experience is lagging behind
- Free will vs. conscious will
- Brain processing is another part of nature
- When you see conscious will as an illusion
- How COVID is physically affecting the brain
- Your brain is always processing
- The location of consciousness
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
LMNT <== Get your LMNT Sample Pack for the cost of shipping (5 dollars in the US)
Annaka Harris – Conscious (book)
Annaka Harris’ website
Follow Annaka Harris on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Michael Pollan (books)
Susan Kaiser Greenland
Inner Kids Collaborative
Mindful Games Activity Cards
Sam Harris (books)
Dan Harris – 10% Happier (book)
Dan Harris – Meditation For Fidgety Skeptics (book)
Carlo Rovelli (books)
Christof Koch (books)
Anil Seth (books)
Annaka Harris – Consciousness Isn’t Self-Centered (article)
David Eagleman (books)
Pam Belluck – Small Number of Covid Patients Develop Severe Psychotic Symptoms (New York Times article)
361: Dr. Alejandro Junger – Living In A Higher State Of Consciousness
308: Hal Elrod – The Miracle Equation, Become Emotionally Invincible, Do Work That You Love
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
296: Dr. Joe Dispenza – Becoming Supernatural, Reprogram Your Mind, Trust Your Intuition
142: Dr. Bruce Lipton – The Biology Of Belief • How To Reprogram Your Subconscious Mind • The Importance Of Loving Yourself
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.