After years of battling IBS, celiac disease, hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s), asthma, brain fog, and chronic fatigue, she healed her chronic health issues by embracing a plant-based diet.
Andy is a surfer, free spirit, and mother of three. She lives in Oahu, Hawaii with her family.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Andy growing up in Saskatchewan and travelling to Hawaii at age 11
- Moving to Hawaii for college
- Meeting the man she was going to marry, Shem
- The love of surfing
- Being diagnosed with celiac disease
- Andy keeping her 30-day plant-based challenge a secret
- Feeling worse detoxing before feeling better
- Simplify your life, go back to your roots, and eat in season
- Food was controlling Andy, now she is in control
- Fruits & vegetables are easy to grow in Hawaii
- The people & documentaries that inspired Andy to go plant-based
- Everyone is their own brand
- Helping others by sharing your personal experience
- Turning Earthy Andy into a family business
- The challenges of working together as a couple
- The pressures of growing an Instagram following of over a million followers
- Trust the process
- Best advice… grow your email list
- Reversing Hashimoto’s with a plant-based diet
- Teaching kids to understand food and how it supports their bodies
- Making fruits and vegetables the new normal
- Buying “healthy” processed food is not much better for you
- Writing Plant Over Processed, Andy’s new book
- Stay tuned for… Andy’s new meal plan app and protein powder
- Do something active every day
- Keeping social media organic and authentic
- Why Andy stays neutral online
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
BLUblox <== 15% off the world’s most advanced blue light glasses
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Garden of Life <== Try Garden of Life’s Dr. Formulated 100% Organic MCT Oil
Andrea Hannemann – Plant Over Processed (book)
Andrea Hannemann’s website (Earthy Andy)
Follow Andrea Hannemann (Earthy Andy) on Instagram
Forks Over Knives (documentary)
Food Matters (documentary)
Freelee The Banana Girl
Alicia Silverstone On Living A Responsible And Ethical Life, Waldorf Education, And Being Famous (#384)
368: Jordan Younger Albrecht – Healing From Lyme Disease, Eating Vegan (Again), Psychedelic Transformations
323: Laird Hamilton – Born To Surf, XPT (Extreme Performance Training), Ice Baths & Saunas
301: Kristina Carrillo Bucaram – Thriving On A FullyRaw Diet
036: Whitney Lauritsen – Live (More) Eco Friendly, Eat Organic On A Budget, Avoid Vegan Junk Food
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.