Laird Hamilton (IG: @lairdhamiltonsurf) is best known as an American big-wave surfer and pioneer in the world of action water sports. In addition to his affinity for the water, Laird is labeled as an inventor, author, stunt man, model, producer, TV host, fitness and nutrition expert, husband, father, and adrenaline junkie.
Partnering with his wife, Gabrielle Reece, Laird created Extreme Performance Training (XPT).
Laird’s passion for health and wellness combined with innovation, led him to pioneer his own plant-based product line in 2015, Laird Superfood.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Living off the land in Hawaii
- Being born to surf
- Surfing is limitless, anything is possible
- Finding comfort with the sea
- Are sharks the spirits of our ancestors?
- The evolution of Laird’s surfing journey
- Enjoying the creative process
- What is hydrofoil surfing?
- Continuing to learn
- The origin of tow-in surfing
- Surfing competitions set you up for failure
- Being fulfilled by achieving
- Underwater pool training
- Stress builds bonds
- The benefits of ice baths & saunas
- Hot rock saunas vs. infrared saunas
- The philosophy & innovation behind Laird Superfood
- XPT = Extreme Performance Training
- Starting the day with hydration
Outerknown <== 25% off all Outerknown clothing by using the code health at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Laird Hamilton’s website
Follow Laird Hamilton on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Take Every Wave: The Life of Laird Hamilton (documentary)
XPT Life (app)
Laird Hamilton – Liferider (book)
313: Chase Jarvis – Creativity Is A Habit (Not A Skill) Available To Everyone
312: James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself, Defining Freedom, Comedians See The Truth
305: Dave Asprey – Game Changers, Practicing Gratitude & Forgiveness, Holotropic Breathing vs. Ayahuasca
291: Dr. Joseph Mercola – KetoFast • Near-Infrared Saunas • Stop Eating Before Bed
278: Robin Sharma – The 5 AM Club • Mastery Is A Process • The Power Of Solitude
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.