Torrey DeVitto (IG: @torreydevitto) is a conscious actress, advocate, philanthropist and producer – she recently wrapped her incredible six season run on the NBC drama, “Chicago Med.”
Torrey balances her acting career with her philanthropic work and personal practices in alternative medicine, veganism and holistic wellness. She incorporates consciousness into every aspect of her life.
If you’re struggling with a mental health challenge this conversation will help you feel less alone and give you some great ideas that will help calm your mind.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Torrey’s evolution into acting
- The beginning of her health & wellness journey
- Incorporating medicinal mushrooms for healing benefits
- The catalyst for becoming vegetarian 15 years ago
- Feeling spiritually lighter eating vegan
- Torrey’s approach to eating differently from her partner
- Navigating healthy meals on set
- Advice for sustainable shopping
- Future plans for her Michigan farm
- Torrey’s book recommendations
- Experimenting with intermittent fasting
- Why she stopped drinking caffeine
- Torrey’s lifelong journey with anxiety & OCD + therapy options
- Why a daily meditation practice is so important
- Setting social media boundaries
- How the pandemic impacted Torrey
- Taking self-care days
- Listening to your intuition
- How EMDR therapy is helpful
- Torrey’s thoughts on psychedelics
- Tips for managing anxiety on set
- What’s coming up next for Torrey
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
LMNT <== Get your LMNT Sample Pack for the cost of shipping (5 dollars in the US)
Just Thrive <== 15% off all Just Thrive products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Follow Torrey DeVitto on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Torrey DeVitto – IMDB
Fantastic Fungi (documentary)
The Biggest Little Farm (documentary)
Listen to John & Molly Chester previously on TUHP (episode #370)
Gaia Vince – Transcendence (book)
Patricia Lockwood – Priestdaddy (book)
Alisa Vitti – In The FLO (book)
Alisa Vitti – WomenCode (book)
Listen to Cynthia Thurlow previously on TUHP (episode #465)
The Social Dilemma (documentary)
Wim Hof (books)
How to Calm Your Anxiety & Release Stress | Dr. Ellen Vora (#471)
The New Science on How to End Your Anxiety | Dr. Robin Berzin (#452)
Alyson Stoner on Surviving the Entertainment Industry, Minimalism & Healing With Movement (#421)
Laura Prepon on Healing With Real Food (#406)
Alicia Silverstone On Living A Responsible And Ethical Life, Waldorf Education, And Being Famous (#384)
Torrey DeVitto photo credit: Collin Stark
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.