Tina Anderson is the CEO and cofounder of Just Thrive (IG: @justthrivehealth), a supplement company specializing in spore-based probiotics.
Her journey into the world of health had a unique start and some unusual turns. Tina began her career as a trial lawyer following by working for a pharmaceutical company. Frustrated by the many abuses in the pharmaceutical industry, she turned toward the field of natural health starting Just Thrive, and found her life’s work.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tina’s journey into gut health
- A fever is the body’s natural defence mechanism
- The science behind spore-based probiotics
- Understanding soil-based vs. spore-based probiotics
- A good probiotic doesn’t need to be refrigerated
- What happens when spore-based probiotics make it to the intestine?
- The causes of leaky gut
- LPS toxins = inflammation
- How many different microbes are in your gut?
- Spores act like a gardener of the gut
- Are fermented foods a replacement for probiotics?
- The impact of antibiotics on your gut
- The correlation between chronic diseases and glyphosate
- How to support your gut health
- Intermittent fasting increases the diversity of your gut microbiome
- Eating for diversity
- Spending time in nature is really beneficial to our gut health
- Tina shares what it’s like to work with her husband
- The role of vitamin K2
- Vitamin K1 vs. vitamin K2
- What Tina eats in a day
- Alcohol and gut health
- How to maintain a healthy skin microbiome
- Tina’s thoughts on CFUs in probiotics
- Spore-based probiotics survive antibiotics
- Probiotics for kids
- Babies born via c-section need probiotics
- Probiotic use for pets
Just Thrive <== 15% off Just Thrive products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Follow Just Thrive on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Wayne Dyer (books)
Norman Vincent Peale (books)
Dr. Simon Cutting
Dry Farm Wines
NIH Human Microbiome Project
Dr. Karen Becker on the Best Diet for Your Dog to Reverse Aging & Live a Happy, Healthy Life (#435)
Doctor Reveals the Hidden Causes of Anxiety, Depression, OCD & More in Children | Dr. Kenneth Bock (#427)
Dr. Steven Gundry on Boosting Your Mental and Physical Energy (#404)
367: James Hamblin – The Impact Of Not Showering For 5 Years
146: Meghan Telpner & Josh Gitalis – Create Your Ultimate Healthy Home
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.