Tero Isokauppila is the president of Four Sigmatic. He’s a natural health expert with a passion for shrooms, medicinal herbs, nutrition, and biz development.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Four Sigma Foods is now Four Sigmatic
- What life was like growing up on a farm
- Focusing on the things you can control
- Reishi and chaga mushroom are adaptogens
- Increasing your stress buffer with adaptogens
- The history of human beings and mushrooms
- How medicinal mushrooms help regulate your immune system
- Can medicinal mushrooms down regulate an overactive immune system (autoimmunity)?
- How to incorporate medical mushrooms into your healthy routine
- How long does it take to notice the benefits of shrooms?
- Does Tero take different medicinal mushrooms depending on the season or time of day?
- Culinary mushrooms vs. medical mushrooms
- Mushrooms as a meat substitute
- Beware of portobello and button mushrooms from the grocery store
- Are medicinal mushrooms a good source of macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals?
- You can get vitamin D from fungi
- Dry medicinal mushrooms in the sun to boost their vitamin D content
- Don’t measure your foraging success by how much you harvest
- How to tone down the bitter taste of reishi mushroom
- Using chaga tea when making rice or as the base of your next smoothie
- Boost your brain with lion’s mane
- Cordyceps is essentially a parasitic fungus
- The link between gut health and reishi mushroom
- Help regulate your blood sugar with shrooms
- How Tero winds down at the end of the day (evening routine)
- Ending the workday with gas still in the tank
- The power of breathing deeply
The Sarasota Airbnb we talk about in the opening
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Four Sigmatic’s website <== 15% off all shrooms (free shipping over $100)
Follow Tero Isokauppila on Instagram
Listen to Tero Isokauppila previously on TUHP (episode #15)
Listen to Meghan Telpner previously on TUHP (episode #91 & #25)
Listen to Josh Gitalis previously on TUHP (episode #80 & #4)
Tim Ferriss (books)
Shawn Stevenson – Sleep Smarter (book)
272: Tero Isokauppila – The True Origin Of Christmas
241: Dr. Aviva Romm – The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution • Permission To Pause • Embracing Adaptogens
225: Focus Friday – Understanding Adaptogens
180: Julie Daniluk – Performance Enhancement • Your Adrenals Love Sea Salt • Stimulants vs. Adaptogens
113: Joy Coelho & Jay Denman – JingSlingers • Tonic Herbs vs Adaptogens • The Ultimate Sleep Inducing Elixir
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.