Tara Mackey (IG: @taraamackey) is a widely recognized social media personality. Her followers love her natural health suggestions and remedies – all of which actually come from Tara’s personal journey of overcoming her dependence on 14 prescription drugs through an organic lifestyle, which ultimately saved her life.
Tara’s new book, WILD Habits* shares all of the specific mental practices and natural home remedies Tara uses in her own life for a healthy spirit, mind, and body. She’s also written Cured by Nature*.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tara was born on hard drugs
- Her grandparents got custody of Tara when she was 7
- Tara’s first diagnosis and medication
- The influence Oprah and Tony Robbins had on Tara
- Being on 14 prescription drugs by the age of 24
- Hitting rock bottom
- The most empowering moment of Tara’s life
- Tara’s most toxic relationship
- Harmful habits
- Every single moment of our life adds up
- WILD Habits
- Small things happening day after day can lead to something BIG
- The WILD Method
- Intuition is trusting yourself
- Who you surround yourself with is who you become
- Change your life by making meditation a daily habit
- Natural ways to calm your anxiety
- We learn a lot more from our failures compared to our successes
- A different way of approaching gratitude
- A supplement that eliminated Tara’s acne
- The impact of a shower filter on Tara’s skin and hair
- Don’t start the day in chaos
- Drinking ice water in the morning
- Just go for a walk
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Thrive Market <== As a new customer you get a free 30-day membership, 25% off your order, and free shipping (US only)*
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)*
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Tara Mackey – WILD Habits (book)*
Tara Mackey – Cured by Nature (book)*
Tara Mackey – The Organic Life Blog
Follow Tara on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter
Enlightened Golden Chai – Easy Caffeine Free, Vegan Recipe (Tara’s blog)
Tony Robbins – Awaken the Giant Within (book)*
Paulo Coelho – The Alchemist (book)*
Paramahansa Yogananda – Autobiography of a Yogi (book)*
Listen to Lori Harder previously on TUHP (episode #235 & #108)
Diindolylmethane (DIM): Is This Right for You? (The Oz Blog)
Berkey shower filter*
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.