Tara Mackey (IG: @taraamackey) is a widely recognized social media personality. Her followers love her natural health suggestions and remedies – all of which actually come from Tara’s personal journey of overcoming her dependence on 14 prescription drugs through an organic lifestyle, which ultimately saved her life.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Tara was born on hard drugs
- Her grandparents got custody of Tara when she was 7
- Tara’s first diagnosis and medication
- The influence Oprah and Tony Robbins had on Tara
- Being on 14 prescription drugs by the age of 24
- Hitting rock bottom
- The most empowering moment of Tara’s life
- Tara’s most toxic relationship
- Harmful habits
- Every single moment of our life adds up
- WILD Habits
- Small things happening day after day can lead to something BIG
- The WILD Method
- Intuition is trusting yourself
- Who you surround yourself with is who you become
- Change your life by making meditation a daily habit
- Natural ways to calm your anxiety
- We learn a lot more from our failures compared to our successes
- A different way of approaching gratitude
- A supplement that eliminated Tara’s acne
- The impact of a shower filter on Tara’s skin and hair
- Don’t start the day in chaos
- Drinking ice water in the morning
- Just go for a walk
Raw Elements <== 10% off all Raw Elements products – Apply the code TUHP at checkout (free shipping over $100)
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products and they ship worldwide (free shipping in the US)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Tara Mackey – WILD Habits (book)
Tara Mackey – Cured by Nature (book)
Tara Mackey – The Organic Life Blog
Follow Tara Mackey on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Enlightened Golden Chai – Easy Caffeine Free, Vegan Recipe (Tara’s blog)
Tony Robbins – Awaken the Giant Within (book)
Paulo Coelho – The Alchemist (book)
Paramahansa Yogananda – Autobiography of a Yogi (book)
Listen to Lori Harder previously on TUHP (episode #235 & #108)
Diindolylmethane (DIM): Is This Right for You? (The Oz Blog)
Berkey shower filter
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
337: Dr. Jennifer Ashton – The Self-Care Solution
317: Dr. Will Cole – The Inflammation Spectrum, Managing Anxiety, Homeschooling
313: Chase Jarvis – Creativity Is A Habit (Not A Skill) Available To Everyone
242: Sarah Knight – You Do You • Happiness In Imperfection • Managing Anxiety
232: Sarah Wilson – Normalizing Anxiety • The Impact Of Gratitude On Your Brain • Just Walk
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.