On today’s show, we are speaking with plant-based entrepreneur, Ruth Tal. Her journey into the restaurant business all started after consuming a carrot juice that blew her mind.
Ruth dropped out of university, took her OASP money and used it to open a mobile juice bar and vegan cafe in Toronto, Ontario – Juice For Life. Fresh Restaurants evolved from this cafe and is now 5 restaurants strong (4 in Toronto + 1 in Moscow) as it continues to grow.
We dig into the details of her inspiring health and business journey!
In this episode, we discuss:
- A carrot juice was the start of Fresh Restaurants
- Building a business from the roots up
- Kibbutz life
- Thriving on a plant-based diet
- Work-life balance… Is it possible as a new business owner?
- Getting fuelled by helping others + passion
- Happiness is a choice
- We need to stop obsessing over our diets
- Eat, juice, sweat, thrive
- Immersing yourself in a vibrant community
- Setting long term goals vs. going with the flow
- Ruth’s morning routine
Fresh Restaurants (Ruth’s restaurant)
Follow Ruth Tal on Facebook, and Instagram
Ruth Tal & Jennifer Houston – Super Fresh (book)
Ruth Tal & Jennifer Houston – Fresh (book)
Norman Walker – Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices (book)
John Robbins – Diet For A New America (book)
Harvey Diamond – Fit For Life (book)
Stanley Burroughs – The Master Cleanser (book)
Re-Bar Restaurant (Victoria)
Greenhouse Juice Co.
The Good Press
007: Yes, You Can Fill Up On Plants!
037: Gretchen Rubin – The Foundation For Happiness | Simplicity vs. Abundance Lovers | The One Minute Rule
067: Koya Webb – What To Eat Before Yoga | Meditate Daily | The Best Vegan Burgers, Ever!
114: Sean Croxton – The Pursuit Of An Authentic Life
239: Neil Strauss – The Long Road To Success • Compartmentalize Your Week • Your Community Shapes You
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.