Rob Greenfield (IG: @robjgreenfield) is an activist and humanitarian dedicated to leading the way to a more sustainable and just world. He embarks on extreme projects to bring attention to important global issues and inspire positive change. Rob’s life is an embodiment of Gandhi’s philosophy, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing up in Wisconsin, in a low income family
- As a child, Rob became an avid collector of things
- After college, Rob backpacked around the world
- Heading to San Diego with only a car full of possessions
- Rob’s epiphany to “wake up”
- Learning about other ways of living
- Asking yourself what you need vs. want
- Making a list of all the changes you want to make
- Keep assessing your possessions every 6-12 months
- Healthy ways to purge your items
- Sharing resources with your neighbours
- Living a more connected life
- The dark side of donating to thrift stores
- Downsizing to 111 possessions
- Less stuff = more time
- Goodbye drivers license, social security card, and bank card
- Not being attached to money
- Life with no bills & no cellphone
- Being mindful means having balance
- The trash suit experiment
- Growing and forging food for a year
- Impact the people around you
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Rob Greenfield’s website
Follow Rob Greenfield on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Annie Leonard – The Story of Stuff (book)
The Story of Cosmetics (video)
Goodbye drivers license, social security card, and bank card (YouTube)
Growing and Foraging 100% of My Food – No Grocery Stores for a Year! (YouTube)
227: Andy Couturier – The Abundance Of Less • Enjoying The Process • Thinking For Yourself
343: Bea Johnson – Zero Waste Home, Experiences Over Stuff, Minimizing Junk Mail
312: James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself, Defining Freedom, Comedians See The Truth
307: Elizabeth Willard Thames aka Mrs. Frugalwoods – Financial Independence Through Simple Living
268: Sarah Wilson – Zero Waste Cooking • Minimal Consumption • Start Thinking Differently
Rob Greenfield photo credit: sierraford.com
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.