He started his website, iwillteachyoutoberich.com, as a Stanford undergraduate in 2004, and he now hosts over a million readers per month on his blog, newsletter, & social media.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Ramit’s got lucky playing the stock market in the early days
- Why Ramit developed his own philosophy about money
- Focus on 3 big wins in your life
- Starting the blog, I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- A rich life is about more than money
- Creating a conscious spending plan
- Ramit’s guide to automating your finances
- Ramit’s favourite checking, savings, & credit card accounts
- Savings vs. investing
- Real money is made by investing
- Emergency fund recommendations
- How to negotiate your salary
- Be in control of your money
- Target date funds change automatically as you age
- Index funds need to be rebalanced periodically
- Should you start investing if you’re in debt?
- What is your debt pay off date?
- Is real estate a good investment?
- Leasing vs. buying a car
- Do you need a financial advisor?
- What to do with your money during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Opportunities to make money are everywhere
- You must believe your business is important
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Ramit Sethi – I Will Teach You To Be Rich (book)
Ramit Sethi’s website (I Will Teach You To Be Rich)
Follow Ramit Sethi on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
I Will Teach You To Be Rich – Negotiating Salary (Ramit’s course)
Earnable (Ramit’s course)
Thomas J. Stanley – The Millionaire Next Door (book)
Warren Buffett (books)
328: Kyle Cease – The Illusion Of Money, Sitting In Silence, Social Media Boundaries
327: Eric Thomas – The Secret To Success, Learn By Teaching, We All Need Inspiration
318: Michael Hyatt – Achieve More By Doing Less, Work Productivity Hacks, The Power Of Constraint
307: Elizabeth Willard Thames aka Mrs. Frugalwoods – Financial Independence Through Simple Living
149: Jen Sincero – Make Money By Mastering The Mindset Of Wealth
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.