Patrick McKeown (IG: @buteykoclinic) is an international breathing expert and author.
Since 2002, he has worked with thousands of clients, including elite military special forces, Olympic coaches and athletes.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The biggest factors that negatively impact our breathing
- Sleep disordered breathing in kids
- Why do kids have breathing problems when they’re sleeping?
- Is your child mouth breathing during the day?
- Teaching someone how to breathe correctly
- A breathing exercise to decongest your nose
- Functional breathing vs. dysfunctional breathing
- People with sleep disordered breathing will not achieve flow states
- What happens when somebody takes in a breath through their mouth vs. nose?
- Consider your breathing when you get into a tricky situation
- How to measure your BOLT Score
- Reducing your breathing volume for 15 minutes before sleep
- Changing your breathing patterns
- Nasal breathing during physical activity
- Excessive talking impacts your breathing
- Mouth taping trains you to breathe through your nose
- Yoga has the potential to transform lives
- Patrick’s thoughts on Wim Hof breathing
- How Patrick prepares before public speaking
- The positive side of being an introvert
- What does a nasal dilator do?
- The benefits of breathing through your nose
- What air hunger is telling you
- Training elite athletes how to breathe better
- The causes of nasal snoring
- The factors that impact our breathing patterns
Four Sigmatic <== Save up to 40% off Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee bundles
AquaOmega <== 20% off the world’s best omega-3 supplements by using the code ultimate at checkout
ChiliSleep <== Claim your ChiliSleep Sleep System special offer
LMNT <== Get your LMNT Sample Pack for the cost of shipping (5 dollars in the US)
Patrick McKeown – The Oxygen Advantage (book)
Patrick McKeown’s websites (Oxygen Advantage) and (Buteyko Clinic)
Follow Patrick McKeown on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Patrick McKeown – Atomic Focus (book)
Patrick McKeown – The Breathing Cure (book)
Patrick McKeown – Breathing Re-Education and Phenotypes of Sleep Apnea (article)
3M Micropore Tape
Wim Hof (books)
Buteyko Breathing Belt
Free Buteyko Method for Children
James Nestor – Breathe This Way to Transform Your Body and Mind (#413)
Steven Kotler on Flow, Recovering From Lyme Disease, Psychedelics, & The Art of Impossible (#388)
288: Dr. Steven Lin – The Dental Diet • Oxygen Is The Most Crucial Nutrient • Vitamin K1 vs. K2
267: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Isn’t My Brain Working?
083: Dr. Mark Burhenne – You Could Have Sleep Apnea (And Not Know It) | Start Taking Snoring Seriously | Is Fluoride All Bad?
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.