Neil Strauss (IG: @neil_strauss) is a seven-time New York Times best-selling author.
Neil was a music critic, cultural reporter, and columnist at The New York Times for a decade. He has also won awards for his cover stories for Rolling Stone.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Moving from West Hollywood to Malibu
- The community you’re in shapes you in ways beyond what you know
- Working out without goals
- Do the things you love… even if they’re hard
- How working out with a community has impacted Neil’s writing
- Follow your interests and don’t worry too much about the money
- The greatest education of Neil’s life
- Success typically doesn’t come quickly
- The 3 types of stuck
- You’re not going to figure out your passion intellectually
- Say “yes and” to life if you’re starting out
- You get successful by saying yes to things and stay there by saying no to things
- Compartmentalizing your week
- People respond to you how you train them to respond to you
- Creating systems to protect yourself from your weaknesses
- If you’re suffering to make it… you’ll be suffering when you’ve made it
- 2 trains theory
- Romantic relationships are the true litmus test of a persons psychology
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Switch Grocery <== 10% off all Switch Grocery products & free shipping over $149
Smart Sweets <== Use the code “ultimate” at checkout for free shipping on a case of gummies (12 packs) or more
Neil Strauss – The Truth (book)
Neil Strauss’ website
Follow Neil Strauss on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Neil Strauss – The Game (book)
Kevin Hart & Neil Strauss – I Can’t Make This Up (book)
All of Neil Strauss’ books
Patrick McKeown – The Oxygen Advantage (book)
Listen to Lewis Howes previously on TUHP (episode #65)
Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
327: Eric Thomas – The Secret To Success, Learn By Teaching, We All Need Inspiration
324: Gabby Reece – Life Isn’t Perfect, Motherhood, Developing A Growth Mindset
323: Laird Hamilton – Born To Surf, XPT (Extreme Performance Training), Ice Baths & Saunas
312: James Altucher – Reinvent Yourself, Defining Freedom, Comedians See The Truth
212: James Colquhoun – Food Matters • Building A Thriving Online Community • Transformation Starts In The Mind
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.