Neil Strauss (IG: @neil_strauss) is a seven-time New York Times best-selling author.
Neil was a music critic, cultural reporter, and columnist at The New York Times for a decade. He has also won awards for his cover stories for Rolling Stone.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Moving from West Hollywood to Malibu
- The community you’re in shapes you in ways beyond what you know
- Working out without goals
- Do the things you love… even if they’re hard
- How working out with a community has impacted Neil’s writing
- Follow your interests and don’t worry too much about the money
- The greatest education of Neil’s life
- Success typically doesn’t come quickly
- The 3 types of stuck
- You’re not going to figure out your passion intellectually
- Say “yes and” to life if you’re starting out
- You get successful by saying yes to things and stay there by saying no to things
- Compartmentalizing your week
- People respond to you how you train them to respond to you
- Creating systems to protect yourself from your weaknesses
- If you’re suffering to make it… you’ll be suffering when you’ve made it
- 2 trains theory
- Romantic relationships are the true litmus test of a persons psychology
Four Sigmatic <== 10% off all Four Sigmatic products & free shipping over $100
Switch Grocery <== 10% off all Switch Grocery products & free shipping over $149
Smart Sweets <== Use the code “ultimate” at checkout for free shipping on a case of gummies (12 packs) or more
Neil Strauss’ website
Neil Strauss – The Truth (book)*
Neil Strauss – The Game (book)*
Kevin Hart & Neil Strauss – I Can’t Make This Up (book)*
All of Neil Strauss’ books*
Patrick McKeown – The Oxygen Advantage (book)*
Listen to Lewis Howes previously on TUHP (episode #65)
Kitchen Safe*Download our BRAND NEW TUHP iOS app (FREE)!
Note: Links marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook group (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Our favourite social media platform is Instagram. Follow our adventures.
5. Share using the buttons below.