Today we speaking with health and wellness authority, Nathane Jackson. Nate has helped thousands of people from around the world through his online coaching programs. As a personal trainer and strength + conditioning coach, he is a wealth of knowledge in the realm of functional fitness, mobility and high intensity training. Nate specializes in holistic living and emphasizes the importance of a whole foods diet, exercise and proper sleep.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Nate’s journey to becoming a leader in the health world
- Nate’s health decline on a plant-based diet and what turned things around
- Nate’s current supplements
- Plant-based food sources of protein
- Should anyone be taking whey protein?
- When it comes to exercise, we need to focus on mobility first
- How to start incorporating mobility into your fitness routine
- Static stretching is the old school way of thinking
- The role of PNF stretching
- Dynamic stretching is key, pre-exercise
- How to incorporate a foam roller into your routine
- Endurance training does not make you fat
- The benefits of training grounded to the earth
- The importance of easing into barefoot training
- Why everyone needs a rebounder
- Help balance your hormones through diet, exercise and plenty of sleep
- The secret is to get your body moving
- Are cleansing and detoxifying necessary?
- The 80/20 rule and how it applies to your health
- Should we fear fats?
Nathane Jackson’s website
Follow Nathane Jackson on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
Listen to Shawn Stevenson previously on TUHP (episode #027)
002: The 6 Pillars of Health
Dr. Andreo Spina
The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes (podcast)
The Rich Roll Podcast
The Tim Ferriss Show (podcast)
The Five-Minute Journal
033: Rich Roll – Anti-Hack Your Life | Mood Follows Action | Hard Work > Talent
065: Lewis Howes – The School Of Greatness | Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking | The Importance Of Mentors
147: Ido Portal – It’s Never Too Late To Start Moving • Find Your Tribe • Don’t Stop Playing
155: Vinnie Tortorich – Exercise For Mental Health • Choosing The Right Trainer • No Sugar No Grains
075: Abel James – Live More By Buying Less | Long-Term Weight Loss Strategies | HITT Wins Over Long Endurance Exercise
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.