Meik Wiking (IG: @meikwiking) is the CEO of The Happiness Research Institute.
He’s a New York Times bestselling author and has written several books and reports on happiness, subjective well-being, and quality of life. Meik’s books have sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
He’s is a frequent speaker at a variety of conferences and seminars on happiness around the world.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Influencing your memories
- Balance positive memories vs. negative memories
- What were my happiest moments in life?
- Remembering events through association
- How your 5 senses help you retrieve memories
- Attention is the foundation for memory
- Using scent as a memory trigger
- Staying present in the moment
- Establishing healthier habits around smartphones
- Photographing your everyday life
- Be Marie Kondo’s arch enemy
- Curating the happy hundred
- Harnessing the power of firsts
- What is the Apollo Picnic?
- Using the emotional highlighter pen
- The impact of sharing embarrassing stories
- Storytelling helps solidify our memories
- The peak-end effect
- Ending on a high note
- The Mandela effect
- Plan and create a memorable year ahead
Vuori Clothing <== 20% off your first Vuori order
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Meik Wiking – The Art of Making Memories (book)
Follow Meik Wiking on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Happiness Research Institute
Meik Wiking – The Little Book of Lykke (book)
Meik Wiking – The Little Book of Hygge (book)
Listen to Meik Wiking previously on TUHP (episode #211)
Marie Kondo (books)
321: Neil Pasricha – You Are Awesome, Intentional Living, Becoming Anti-Fragile
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
274: Ryder Carroll – The Bullet Journal Method • Declutter Your Mind • Avoid The Perfectionism Trap
252: Srinivas Rao – Creating For An Audience Of One • Creativity Leads To Happiness • Cognitive Bandwidth
157: Jim Kwik – The Key To A Better Memory • Brain Boosting Foods • The Power Of Intention
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.