Mark Sisson (IG: @marksissonprimal) is a health and fitness expert, entrepreneur, author and the founding father of the ancestral health movement.
He’s a former world-class endurance athlete with a 2:18 marathon and a fourth-place finish in the Hawaii Ironman World Triathlon Championships.
Mark’s blog, MarksDailyApple.com and Primal Blueprint lifestyle program have paved the way for primal enthusiasts to break free from conventional wisdom’s diet and exercise principles.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The two meals a day concept
- Start by eliminating the big 3: sugar, processed grains & industrial seed oils
- How to become metabolically flexible
- Compressing your eating window triggers autophagy
- The cutting out the carbs strategy
- What’s the least amount of food I can eat?
- Carb dependent vs. fat adapted
- The concept of keto without building metabolic flexibility
- Focus on measuring how you feel
- Mark’s lifestyle transition after moving from Malibu to Miami
- Walking is an underestimated form of movement
- Treating piriformis syndrome
- Why Mark is a fan of the barefoot movement
- The running world is embracing minimalist shoes
- Becoming a grandfather
- Mark’s morning routine
- The benefits of fire & ice training
- How to activate brown fat
- Mark’s entire career as an endurance athlete was about managing discomfort
- Perseverance is one of your greatest assets in business
- Mark hitting his entrepreneurial home run at age 65
- You can only compare yourself to yourself
- Achieve your fitness goals by changing your diet
- The growth of Primal Kitchen
- Coffee helps you burn fat
- Metabolic flexibility includes mental flexibility
Four Sigmatic <== Save up to 40% off Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee bundles
BiOptimizers <== 10% off BiOptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout
LMNT <== Get your LMNT Sample Pack for the cost of shipping (5 dollars in the US)
Mark Sisson & Brad Kearns – Two Meals A Day (book)
Mark Sisson’s website (Mark’s Daily Apple)
Follow Mark Sisson on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Mark Sisson (books)
Listen to Mark Sisson previously on TUHP (episode #178)
Brad Kearns (books)
Dr. Will Cole on Intuitive Fasting to Recharge Your Metabolism and Renew Your Health (#393)
Dave Asprey – Fast This Way to Burn Fat and Heal Inflammation (#389)
Gary Taubes – Are Carbs Making You Fat? (#387)
369: Dr. Jason Fung – Stop Snacking & Start Fasting
353: Dr. Satchin Panda – Time-Restricted Eating (TRE) & Managing Your Light Exposure
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.