Laura Prepon (IG: @lauraprepon) is a versatile actress and a New York Times bestselling author.
She made her television debut on the long running sitcom “That 70’s Show.” Laura can be seen in the hit Netflix original series, “Orange is the New Black.”
She recently teamed up with HSN to present “PrepOn Kitchen,” an exclusive collection thoughtfully designed to make preparing your meals easy, attainable, and fun.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Laura struggling with digestive issues, weight gain and low energy in her early 20’s
- Food as medicine
- Reading and researching helped Laura hone her food philosophy
- Motherhood isn’t talked about the way it should be
- Eating small meals throughout the day spikes your insulin
- Laura’s version of intermittent fasting
- Bone broth is a game changer
- Spreading meals 5 hours apart
- The importance of eating organic and non-GMO foods
- Why Laura always brings her own food to set
- Putting energy into food prepping
- Trying to chew each bite of food 30 times
- Make your life sustainable
- Laura grew up with a love for food
- Inspiring people to adopt healthy habits
- Cooking shouldn’t be stressful
- Being supportive without being preachy
- PrepOn Kitchen was inspired by real life kitchen solutions
Laura Prepon’s website
Follow Laura Prepon on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Laura Prepon – You And I, As Mothers (book)
Laura Prepon – The Stash Plan (book)
That 70’s Show
Jessica Porter – The Hip Chick’s Guide To Macrobiotics (book)
Orange Is The New Black
Danielle Walker on Finding Health After Being Diagnosed With an Autoimmune Disease (#401)
Dr. Will Cole on Intuitive Fasting to Recharge Your Metabolism and Renew Your Health (#393)
Alicia Silverstone On Living A Responsible And Ethical Life, Waldorf Education, And Being Famous (#384)
369: Dr. Jason Fung – Stop Snacking & Start Fasting
353: Dr. Satchin Panda – Time-Restricted Eating (TRE) & Managing Your Light Exposure
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.