Josh Peck (IG: @shuapeck) has established himself as one of Hollywood’s rising talents, making the seamless transition from child actor to leading man. He’s starred in feature films and is best known for his role on the Nickelodeon phenomenon Drake & Josh (2004-2007) for which he received a Kids’ Choice Nomination.
Today we’re discussing Josh’s new book, Happy People Are Annoying. This memoir is full of surprising life lessons for anyone seeking to accept their past and make peace with the complicated face in the mirror.
Josh has had his share of ups and downs during the 35 years he’s been on the planet. He brought a lot of wisdom and inspiration to our conversation – I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Josh wrote his candid memoir, Happy People Are Annoying
- Growing up overweight in the spotlight
- How Josh lost 127lbs in his late teens
- Learning that gratitude comes from within
- How people responded to Josh after his weight loss
- Body positivity and representation for all sizes
- Dealing with a drug addiction + getting sober
- Knowing when it’s time to make a change
- The catalyst to go to AA and get help
- Leaving bad habits behind… learning how to live a good life
- Embracing your inner child
- Being honest about facing challenges
- Podcasts allow for more vulnerability
- What it feels like to no longer be hiding
- The therapeutic process of writing a book
- What Josh’s career was like after getting sober
- Acting… why you need to keep practicing
- Josh’s social media success
- A different perspective on the audition process
- Josh’s thoughts on becoming a dad
- The drive to perform
- Not getting attached to the good or bad times
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
BLUblox <== 15% off BLUblox blue light glasses by using the code TUHP at checkout
How to Heal the Pain of Your Past to Find Freedom & Inner Peace | Gabby Bernstein (#458)
Alyson Stoner on Surviving the Entertainment Industry, Minimalism & Healing With Movement (#421)
Mayim Bialik on Owning Your Truth & Living Life on Your Own Terms (#410)
Matthew McConaughey on Catching More Greenlights, the Impermanence of Life, & Writing Your Own Story (#398)
299: Drew Manning – Complete Keto, Embracing Vulnerability As A Strength, Learn To Love Yourself
Josh Peck photo credit: Storm Santos
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.