This week’s episode features the creator of the Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls, Jill Miller. She is the author of The Roll Model, a book that guides you through simple self-massage techniques that will erase your pain and allow you to perform your best. Jill is the glue that connects the worlds of fitness, yoga, massage, and pain-management.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How the Yoga Tune Up (YTU) Therapy Balls came to be
- Self massage can be used to help emotionally regulate yourself
- The different YTU Therapy Balls and how they work
- Your organs like to be rolled/massaged too
- Fascia, what exactly is it?
- The various ways the YTU Therapy Balls can improve your health
- A great place to start doing myofascial work… your feet
- The secret to resetting your nervous system
- The connection between the muscles in your thumb to shoulder motion + neck pain
- Physio balls don’t make a good chair
- Sitting is the new smoking
- Physical inactivity… 4th leading cause of death on the planet
- Yes, you can overstretch your muscles
- Has your ass fallen over to the side from sitting too much?
- Standing all day at your desk isn’t the answer
- Sitting may not be the ideal position for meditation
- The 3 zones of breathing and which one is the most relaxing
- We need to stop crippling ourselves with technology
- No YTU Therapy Balls, no problem… you can do myofascial work with objects you already have around your home
- How to find your stretch barrier
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Jill Miller – The Roll Model (book)
Jill Miller’s website (Yoga Tune Up)
Follow Jill Miller on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Jill’s YouTube channel
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
Listen to Katy Bowman previously on TUHP (episode #064)
Katy Bowman – Don’t Just Sit There (book)
Active Release Techniques (ART)
Nibmor – organic and natural dark chocolate bars
Habits app for iOS (*no longer available)
298: Kate Northrup – Do Less, Surrender Your Control, Yoga Nidra
176: Luke Storey – Find Your Style • Biohacking In A Big City • Kundalini Yoga 101
163: Kathryn Budig – The Yoga Community Has Changed • Positive Affirmations • Aim True
067: Koya Webb – What To Eat Before Yoga | Meditate Daily | The Best Vegan Burgers, Ever!
104: Carrie-Anne Moss – Life Outside The Matrix • Embracing Imperfection • The Yoga Of Awareness
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.