Ido Portal has always been obsessed with the physical.
His obsession isn’t with a specific discipline such as martial arts or strength… his passion is movement.
After searching around the world for movement teachers Ido came up dry and decided to become the person he was looking for.
Over the years he’s traveled the world both teaching and studying from a variety of teachers: from osteopaths, manual therapists and MD’s to professional dancers, yogis, athletes, circus performers, and fighters.
Ido’s workshops became very popular and he conducts a yearly event, The Movement Camp.
A community and culture developed around his ideas but more importantly around movement – movement culture.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Ido’s childhood
- Who inspires Ido, past and present
- Movement is synonymous with life
- Ido’s true passion
- How do we know if we are getting enough steps in each day?
- What does Ido eat?
- Ido’s thoughts on the vegan diet
- Ido sleeps 9 hours a night and naps
- Taking minerals to combat stress
- Humans are complex, fragile beings
- The importance of being in a tribe
- How do our movement patterns change as we age?
- Don’t stop playing
- How to bring play back into your life
- Don’t take yourself too seriously
- The costs associated with not moving
- It’s never too late to start moving
- How movement impacts your brain
- Humans are the best movers on the planet
- The importance of human touch
- Ido’s morning routine
229: Melissa Hartwig – The Whole30 Origin Story
222: Focus Friday – More Play
172: Charlie Hoehn – Play Your Anxiety Away • Find Work That Doesn’t Feel Like Work • Intentional Acts Of Kindness
145: Robb Wolf – You Can’t Cheat On Your Diet • Wired To Eat • Is The Paleo Diet Right For Everyone?
093: Dr. Kelly Starrett – The Ultimate Standing Desk • Sleep Better After Smashing Your Tissues • Create A Movement Rich Environment
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.