Today’s episode is a little different from the norm, which is great!
This past weekend we attended the March Against Monsanto in Toronto. At the very least, we need GMOs labelled so we can make an informed choice about the food we eat. We share our thoughts on GMOs and why going organic is essential.
We also share a bunch of gems on green foods and how to get more of them into your daily routine.
Stick around until the end of the show and find out how you can get your questions answered on TUHP!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Monsanto and genetically modified foods
- The surefire way to tell if produce is organic or not
- The 2 conventional crops that are almost always genetically modified
- The current dirty dozen and clean fifteen
- The reasons we choose organic foods
- Eating local + seasonal is always best
- Getting your greens on!
- How to preserve kale and make it less bitter
- The importance of rotating your greens
- Greens powders are health insurance
- Broccoli is a protein powerhouse
- How to prepare cruciferous vegetables for optimal digestion
- Using avocado as a plant-based mayonnaise
- Sea vegetables are a source of iodine
- Living sprouts vs. raw foods
- How to easily start sprouting at home
- Don’t underestimate the mighty kiwi
- Remove heavy metals from your body with parsley and cilantro
- Get your zinc from pumpkin seeds
March Against Monsanto
King Corn (documentary)
GMO OMG (documentary)
EWG’s Dirty Dozen & Clean Fifteen
Raw Organic Ormus Supergreens – Sunwarrior <== 10% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $100
HealthForce Nutritionals Vitamineral Green (supplement)
Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (Marni’s book)
Fuerte – Marni’s favourite avocado
Magic Oven (Toronto restaurant)
004: Josh Gitalis – A Clinical Nutritionist’s Perspective On Maintaining Strong Bones, Detoxification And Gut Health
022: Julie Daniluk – Inflammation: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly | Balancing Healthy Fats | Weight Loss Through Hormone Health
069: Joel Salatin – Alternative Farming Using Modern Technology | Chickens Expressing Their Chickenness | Grain-Fed vs. Grass-Fed Beef
070: The Benefits of Eating Seasonally and Locally (Fall + Winter) | Immune Boosting Foods
268: Sarah Wilson – Zero Waste Cooking • Minimal Consumption • Start Thinking Differently
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.