For over sixteen years, Gabby Bernstein (IG: @gabbybernstein) has been transforming lives – including her own.
The #1 New York Times bestselling author has penned nine books, including The Universe Has Your Back and Super Attractor.
In her weekly podcast, Dear Gabby, she offers up real-time coaching, straight talk, and conversations about personal growth and spirituality with unique and inspiring guests.
What started as hosting intimate conversations with twenty people in her New York City apartment, Gabby has grown into speaking to tens of thousands in sold-out venues throughout the world.
Today we’re discussing Gabby’s new book, Happy Days: The Guided Path from Trauma to Profound Freedom and Inner Peace.
Watch the full video version of this conversation below.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The origin behind the “Happy Days” ritual
- At age 36, Gabby recalls memories of her childhood sexual trauma
- Understanding internal family systems therapy
- Becoming self-aware of workaholic coping mechanisms
- The chaoticness exercise
- Permission to slow down
- How therapy helps Gabby show up for herself and her audience
- Antidepressants for postpartum depression saved Gabby’s life
- The stigma against medications in the natural health world
- Use medication + deep therapy as part of your spiritual toolkit
- Giving birth reactivates childhood trauma
- Gabby’s thoughts on psychedelic therapy & sobriety
- How to begin your trauma healing path
- The root cause behind physical symptoms + the solution
- Releasing trauma with somatic experiencing therapy
- Gabby shares her miscarriage experience
- Moving through grief in a healthy way
Gabby Bernstein – Happy Days (book)
Gabby Bernstein’s website
Follow Gabby Bernstein on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Gabby Bernstein – The Universe Has Your Back (book)
Gabby Bernstein (books)
Dear Gabby Podcast
Listen to Gabby Bernstein previously on TUHP (episode #208)
Oprah Winfrey (books)
Richard Schwartz – Internal Family Systems Therapy (book)
Louise Hay – You Can Heal Your Life (book)
Dr. John Sarno – Healing Back Pain (book)
Peter Levine – Somatic Experiencing
Walter Makichen – Spirit Babies (book)
Alyson Stoner on Surviving the Entertainment Industry, Minimalism & Healing With Movement (#421)
The Power of Speaking Your Truth and How It Positively Impacts Your Health | Fearne Cotton (#418)
Tana Amen – The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child (#392)
310: Seane Corn – Revolution Of The Soul, Yoga Is An Art, Understanding The Chakras
259: Dr. Gabor Maté – Trauma, Addiction, & The Use Of Psychedelics
Gabby Bernstein photo credit: Chloe Crespi
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.