Eric Thomas (IG: @etthehiphoppreacher) earned his Ph.D. and is a critically acclaimed author, world-renowned speaker, educator, pastor, and audible.com Audie Awards Finalist. He’s taken the world by storm with his creative style and high-energy messages.
Eric has consulted numerous big brands, major universities, and professional sports teams. His words continue to impact tens of millions of people, across the planet!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing up in Detroit
- Runaway, homeless, and a high school dropout at age 17
- Church was a safe haven for Eric
- Being homeless turned into a blessing
- Learning to see life differently
- Eric’s girlfriend inspired him to get his GED
- College brought Eric a new lease on life
- Enter to learn… depart to serve
- Learn by teaching
- Turning a hobby into a profession
- We all need motivation, inspiration, and direction
- The secret to success: the guru story
- Take advantage of every opportunity
- Be a role model for your children
- Finishing school with a Ph.D.
- The whatever it takes mentality
- Learn to be where your feet are at
- Have an accountability partner
- The mentors who helped Eric get back on track
- Dede believed in Eric when nobody else did
- The law of attraction
- Do you have what it takes?
- Everybody has a weakness
- Setting next level goals
- Believe you can change the world
Thrive Market <== Get your membership for as low as $5 a month & receive $20 in shopping credit with a 1 year membership (US only)
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Eric Thomas – The Secret to Success (book)
Eric Thomas’ website
Follow Eric Thomas on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
The Secret to Success (Eric’s Podcast)
Dennis Kimbro – Think & Grow Rich: A Black Choice (book)
322: Christine Hassler – Expectation Hangover, Overachieving & People Pleasing, Overcoming Depression
321: Neil Pasricha – You Are Awesome, Intentional Living, Becoming Anti-Fragile
319: Eric Zimmer – Overcoming Addiction, Maintaining Community, Broadening Your Perspective
308: Hal Elrod – The Miracle Equation, Become Emotionally Invincible, Do Work That You Love
209: Mastin Kipp – Claim Your Power • Step Into Your Purpose • Spiritual Entertainment
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.