Elle Russ is a writer, health coach, and host of The Primal Blueprint Podcast. She’s passionate about spreading the paleo/primal health message and coaching people on how to live an amazing life, with ease.
Over the course of 10 years, Elle suffered from two bouts of severe hypothyroidism. She healed herself on her own, reclaiming her health and happiness.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The thyroid is the master gland of the body
- T4 and T3 – the main thyroid hormones
- The 6 essential thyroid tests
- Gluten and grains raise Hashimoto’s antibodies
- Be careful with iodine supplementation
- We have more T3 receptors in our brain than anywhere else
- If you’re suffering with psychiatric issues, get your thyroid tested properly
- Elle’s two severe bouts of hypothyroidism and how she fixed her thyroid
- The reverse T3 number is a great wellness marker for everyone
- Endocrinologists are the worst people to go to with a thyroid problem
- Make sure you understand your lab test results
- Hashimoto’s disease – what’s happening in the body?
- High Hashimoto’s antibodies = inflammation
- A simple way to support your thyroid before an issue starts
- The paleo/primal lifestyle is the ultimate in blood glucose and adrenal management
- Nobody needs to get type 2 diabetes
- If you’re dealing with hypothyroidism, the worst thing you can do is workout
- Elle’s morning routine
- Is there a connection between carbs and hypothyroidism?
- FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real
- If you feel great, get a comprehensive thyroid test now
Elle Russ – The Paleo Thyroid Solution (book)
Elle Russ’ website
Follow Elle Russ on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Primal Blueprint Podcast
Dr. Izabella Wentz (books)
Listen to Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episode #61)
EcoNugenics – PectaClear
Listen to Dr. Christiane Northrup previously on TUHP (episode #73)
Stop the Thyroid Madness website
Mark Sisson – The Primal Blueprint (book)
Life Extension selenium (Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine)
Dr. Sarah Ballantyne (books)
Timothy Noakes (books)
285: Dr. Izabella Wentz – Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology • Thyroid Testing • Stress, Trauma & Autoimmune Conditions
256: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? • Understanding Iodine • Vitamin D & Autoimmunity
254: Sarah Ballantyne – Pregnancy And Hypothyroidism • Reintroductions On AIP • The Cruciferous Vegetable Myth
241: Dr. Aviva Romm – The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution • Permission To Pause • Embracing Adaptogens
119: Dr. Amy Myers – The Thyroid Connection • The Impact of Goitrogens • Hyper vs Hypothyroidism
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.