Dr. Steven Lin (IG: @drstevenlin) is a world leading functional dentist, TEDx speaker and author of the International #1 Amazon Best Selling Book, The Dental Diet.
As a passionate, preventative, whole health-advocate, he focuses on the understanding of dental disease through nutritional principles.
Steven’s work has highlighted that crooked teeth and the orthodontia epidemic are diet based problems and the need for public health policy to prevent braces in the next generation of children.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Steven’s fascination with teeth and dental health
- The book that had a profound impact on Steven’s career
- Good dental and oral health starts at birth
- Checking for tongue tie
- The impact of breastfeeding on oral health
- What is Activator X?
- The difference between vitamin K1 & K2
- Why we get plaque buildup
- Vitamin K2 MK-4 vs. MK-7
- Why you should eat organ meats
- Oxygen is the most crucial nutrient
- Get a functional dental exam
- Vagus nerve function
- What is stunting the growth of your child’s jaw?
- Snoring (sleep apnea)
- What is upper airway resistance syndrome?
- Dietary choices impact tooth sensitivity
- Oral health & inflammation
- The Dental Diet foods
- Preventing tooth decay
- Steven’s oral care routine
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Steven Lin – The Dental Diet (book)
Dr. Steven Lin’s website
Follow Dr. Steven Lin on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Steven Lin – What is Vitamin K? (article)
Dr. Stephen Wasserman – Dentist, Toronto (Marni’s Dad)
Weston A. Price – Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (book)
Chris Masterjohn – On the trail of the Elusive X-Factor (article)
248: Evan Brand – Parasites, H. pylori, & Candida • Cavitation Surgery • Addressing Mental Health
088: Nadine Artemis – Heal Cavities & Receding Gums | Your Oral Mircrobiome Matters | Simply Brush With Baking Soda
145: Robb Wolf – You Can’t Cheat On Your Diet • Wired To Eat • Is The Paleo Diet Right For Everyone?
086: Dr. Roger Lucas – Diet Alone Can Prevent 100% Of Cavities | Is Lemon Water Bad For Your Teeth? | Stay Away From “Sticky” Foods
083: Dr. Mark Burhenne – You Could Have Sleep Apnea (And Not Know It) | Start Taking Snoring Seriously | Is Fluoride All Bad?
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.