This week, we are speaking with naturopath, Dr. Kellyann Petrucci. She is a weight loss, anti-aging, and bone broth expert, making regular TV appearances that includes Dr. Oz and The Doctors. We are thrilled to announce the release of her new book, Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Discovering the power of real food
- There is a big difference between gluten free and grain free
- Our body renews if you give it the right raw materials
- Paleo plus… what is it?
- The nutritional difference between soup and bone broth is incomparable
- Bone broth can help with autoimmune issues, chronic fatigue, achy joints, weight loss resistance and so much more
- Details on making bone broth at home
- Inflammation can be really good or really bad
- Your skin tells the story of your gut health
- “We are bags of bugs”
- The difference between collagen, gelatin, and bone broth
- Bone broth soothes and heals the gut
- CLA… the belly-fat blaster
- Too much protein is just as bad as not enough
- If you choose to consume dairy, it needs to be full fat & high quality
- Avoid the fake “frankenfoods” found in the plant-based world
- Quality sources of plant-based protein
- Testing your blood for C-reactive protein (CRP) can detect hidden inflammation
- The power breakfast (it’s simple)
- A couple of easy to incorporate, fermented foods
- Don’t forget about the probiotics + two great examples
- Foods for glowing skin + a natural wrinkle blaster
- Avocado oil produces natural collagen in your skin
- Kellyann’s morning routine
- Nothing shifts the energy in your body like gratitude
- Get rid of all your processed oils and vegetable oils
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)
Dr. Kellyann Petrucci’s website
Follow Kellyann Petrucci on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Kellyann Petrucci – Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet (book)
Dr. Kellyann’s PBS Special – 21 Days To A Slimmer Younger You
US Wellness Meats
Great Lakes Gelatin Company
Marni Wasserman – Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (book)
Marni Wasserman – Fermenting For Dummies (book)
Yoso Coconut Yogurt
Louise Hay (books)
Let’s Do…Organic – organic coconut items
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
180: Julie Daniluk – Performance Enhancement • Your Adrenals Love Sea Salt • Stimulants vs. Adaptogens
130: Sandor Katz – Wild Fermentation • Probiotic Supplements vs. Fermented Foods • Ferment At Home
034: Frank Giglio – ReWild Your Life | Eat Local & Thrive | Deep Nutrition With Fermented Foods
289: Dr. David Perlmutter – Brain Maker • Reconnecting With Nature • Exercise Impacts The Microbiome
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action 😉
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.